What are you Thankful For?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
HI all,

I wanted to start this up early so everyone had time to chime in before Thanksgiving day. I am thankful for:
  • my wife-she is a saint
  • my friends and family
  • freedom and those who put their lives on the line to keep it.
  • getting lucky on the long the long road of life.
    • there may have been some intelligence and good decisions, but so many seemingly small choices turned out to be life changing.
  • good people here and elsewhere.
  • this forum!
Be safe more this year than ever. we are hopefully on the brink of pulling out of the covid mess.

Thanks to all my friends for all your help and support!!!

Last month I had a mini stroke which scared me terribly! I am fine now. My balance and equilibrium are back as well as my strength.

I'm Thankful For:
  • My wife of 39 years. . .She is a saint! (And she agrees with me.)
  • My children who have made me proud to be their father.
  • My best friend who has had my back for 50 years.
  • The men and women who created the vaccines for this awful virus.
  • Being healthy enough to play with and walk my new Lab pup.
  • And last but not least for the great guys and gals here on the Forum who are always happy to share recipes, techniques, and support when they are needed.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone and stay safe,

John

Nice thread Dave. I'll chime in. The list is too long to put everything down so I'll just hit the high points.

-My wife. She is a saint also, she's beautiful, fun and brilliant. Why she married me I have no clue but I'm thankful.
-I don't need Google. My wife knows everything :emoji_wink: (gonna get in trouble for that one)
-Friends and family...who we've seen very little of this year. We still love them though
-The freedom we enjoy, provided by true heroes, which is all too often taken for granted by many people
-A stable lifestyle we have managed to maintain through this disaster called COVID
-The great people here who have forever changed our lives in a positive way with their selfless contributions

That's a decent start,
Robert

First off... a thank you for starting this thread! Things I'm thankful for...

My parents, for shaping me into who I am today! Which in return helped me raise my kids to two wonderful young adults that they are and am very proud of!

The rest of my extended family... not all are blood related, but are still family. Along with that, all our friends... that have helped us get through the hard times.

All of our veterans , that have served and helped make this country what it is. I'm proud to be an American and to live in this country, even though it's sometimes kinda messed up.

I'm thankful for this forum and all it's members. You have helped me learn things I otherwise wouldn't have a clue on. Along with that, all the mods and everything they do to keep this forum going.

Probably have left something out but that's a good start!

Ryan

Good thread to have. With the tough year that so many have had due to the pandemic it can be hard to remember to be thankful.

I am thankful for so many things right now but I will hit the highlights.

My family and friends first of all and the fact that they have stayed healthy so far through all of this.

Thankful I have a good job that has been able to keep me working even though I am not doing what I normally should be at work.

Thankful that while spending so much time alone at home I have had plenty of things to keep me entertained and lots of calls and texts from and to friends and family.

Thankful that I have the chance to interact with all the great posters here.

Hope everyone has a very good Thanksgiving!

HI all,

I wanted to start this up early so everyone had time to chime in before Thanksgiving day. I am thankful for:
  • my wife-she is a saint
  • my friends and family
  • freedom and those who put their lives on the line to keep it.
  • getting lucky on the long the long road of life.
    • there may have been some intelligence and good decisions, but so many seemingly small choices turned out to be life changing.
  • good people here and elsewhere.
  • this forum!
Be safe more this year than ever. we are hopefully on the brink of pulling out of the covid mess.

Thanks to all my friends for all your help and support!!!
Well said! I don't think I could add a thing.

First of all thanks for starting this thread, couldn't come at a better time.
I'm thankful for my Wife. married 35 years after dating 10 years before that. I don't know how or why she puts up with me.
Next the birth of our first Grandchild, a little Girl 3 weeks ago, we couldn't be more excited!
Our Son and the Man he's become, married, had his first child (see above) work couldn't be going any better.
All of the Heroes everywhere going way above the call of duty to adapt and work through this Covid.
The recent Ray of Hope with the vaccine breakthroughs.
Of course this Forum and all of the people on it for their generosity and patience in helping and offering advice, recipes, etc. This has become a haven for me the last several months, especially during this year, and I've made a lot of friends.
Thanks to the Mods for their work in keeping this as it was meant to be, and all of the work they do.
Stay safe all, and have a Great Thanksgiving!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
First of all thanks for starting this thread, couldn't come at a better time.
I'm thankful for my Wife. married 35 years after dating 10 years before that. I don't know how or why she puts up with me.
Next the birth of our first Grandchild, a little Girl 3 weeks ago, we couldn't be more excited!
Our Son and the Man he's become, married, had his first child (see above) work couldn't be going any better.
All of the Heroes everywhere going way above the call of duty to adapt and work through this Covid.
The recent Ray of Hope with the vaccine breakthroughs.
Of course this Forum and all of the people on it for their generosity and patience in helping and offering advice, recipes, etc. This has become a haven for me the last several months, especially during this year, and I've made a lot of friends.
Thanks to the Mods for their work in keeping this as it was meant to be, and all of the work they do.
Stay safe all, and have a Great Thanksgiving!
Congrats on that new granddaughter! Still waiting for a grandchild here...I can't wait until I get that news.

Ryan

Reactions: MJB05615
Congrats on that new granddaughter! Still waiting for a grandchild here...I can't wait until I get that news.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. We're very excited. Every time we visit her, we are like little kids. LOL. Thanks for the like too, very appreciated.

Great lists, all of you. A fine thread indeed.
Yes, plenty to be grateful for. And let's remember to say thanks, to our loved ones, each other, even strangers, and to God if we're so inclined.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky