What are you paying for gasoline?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow getting charged 10-20 cents for using a credit card. I haven't seen that in 25 yrs or so.

Chris
It's everywhere in Cali. It took off quite a while ago. Stations post cash prices and card prices on their street signs.

"Summer blend" gas cuts smog but decreases mileage and increases price by 30-50 cents a gallon. It usually is in gas until Nov 1st, but refiners were authorized to switch to the winter blend Oct 1st to cut prices.

The prices I noted were the cheapest I could find in my area, and they're not the national chains. On those, all are over $5 a gal, and I have recently seen $5.49 at a local Shell station.

Between $3-3.30 gas. $4-4.25 for diesel here

It's everywhere in Cali. It took off quite a while ago. Stations post cash prices and card prices on their street signs.

"Summer blend" gas cuts smog but decreases mileage and increases price by 30-50 cents a gallon. It usually is in gas until Nov 1st, but refiners were authorized to switch to the winter blend Oct 1st to cut prices.
The upcharge was pretty normal when I lived in the Seattle area over 20 years ago. That was even back in the days of $1 something prices.
Between $3-3.30 gas. $4-4.25 for diesel here
How much for midgrade and premium Brian? My Buick with a spinner (turbo) engine needs a bit more than low grade

Been $3.29 the last few weeks at most places,

$3.29 at Circle K here in Ohio when I filled up early in the week. Due to having a company car for 25 years I didn't buy gas for my vehicle until I retired in June. I budgeted for it but what a perk free gas was for 25 years!

Paid $4.99 at Phillips/76. Cheaper than using the Kroger discount at Shell and cheaper than COSTCO. Diesel is still $6.29 everyplace. Most "don't call it bio" diesel here is brewed from farm silage. Runs ok. You do feel a difference when ya refuel on Diesel #2.
Nd9GcSHLZm9hDJ6czITNbyIpVaf4krm7c8-uGOzHw&usqp=CAU.jpg

Free to charge the Kia on Solar:
BdJw93u.jpg

Yep. I know why, but can't say so on SMF.

The law of unintended consequences of outlawing something in 2035 in CA.
Europe is quietly backing off on forcing EV's on everyone.
They are OK for a few enthusiasts,, but the USA ain't ready for them, and won't be for a long, long time if ever in our lifetimes.

Advocates are screwballs.

We only bought an EV because we have 80% excess solar power on the house and do mostly home charging. I can't see forcing them on people.

Friend owns a fantastic steak restaurant and hates EV's. Look what they built in his parking lot steps away from his business front door:
1080223.jpg

His wife rolled up in a BMW i7 EV. Brutally ugly car.

Tesla significantly reduced the cost of home solar is why we put it on the house. It was their good generation 2 system.
When Tesla discounts something, it's a sign a new model is about to be introduced.

Our monthly Elect bill was over $300, wife's ICE car fuel bill was over $450. Would be $650+ at current fuel prices. Her car approaching 300K miles with a tired engine and a tricky transmission.

The solar system with power wall eliminated both her fuel bill and the elect bill.
We get a $80 credit each month instead. 2 years now.
We got around $18K off our taxes. System and EV purchase.
We saved for decades and were drawing off our kids college accounts to pay their tuitions and getting taxed hard on that.

That tax write off helped & came at the right time.

Everything lined up for us. It'll pay for itself in a few more years.

I spent a short time in the Tesla forums to converse with others that have this system.
It was Orwellian and the Tesla company is Orwellian.
Bizarre people. I never went back. I ran.

We sometimes stop off at the solar powered EV chargers in the desert to and from 'Vegas runs. Not unusual for a feud and fists flying at the adjacent Tesla chargers between owners.

Out of Spec and Fast lane EV You Tube channels experienced the same on other occasions at those chargers.
America is not ready.

Last edited:
Reactions: noboundaries
Filled up at Costco today for $4.39 gal. That's the cheapest I've seen in months.

Filled up in South Ga today 2.77 a gallon for regular and diesel was 3.89

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky