What a year!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
2021 so far has outperformed 2020 in the crappiness category.I allowed WAY to much s**t to get to me and lashed out at way to many people so I took a little mental vacation and more or less got my s**t together.

Actually used the smoker for the first time for what seemed like an eternity yesterday.Did a whole chicken in the MES,came out pretty decent.

Time to get back into the swing of things and stop worrying about what I can't control.

2021 so far has outperformed 2020 in the crappiness category.

You won't get any arguments from me!! There are those that say 2020 was the year from Hell. Now they are saying that 2021 was the year that Hell froze over. Look on the bright side (??). There are 10 months left for 2021 to beat 2020 for the worst year in history and we are off to a good start. Being the perpetual optimist, that also means that there are 10 months left for things to get better. I have my fingers crossed for the latter of the two scenarios. Glad though that you were able to take the time to mentally regroup.

Robert

2021 so far has outperformed 2020 in the crappiness category.I allowed WAY to much s**t to get to me and lashed out at way to many people so I took a little mental vacation and more or less got my s**t together.

Actually used the smoker for the first time for what seemed like an eternity yesterday.Did a whole chicken in the MES,came out pretty decent.

Time to get back into the swing of things and stop worrying about what I can't control.
Stay the course. I try to eliminate something every week that I cannot control that irritates me. I stopped watching the news, I stopped going on Facebook (except 1 time per day to vote for jcam222 jcam222 ), etc. Eliminating these small things has helped my mental health a lot the last 2 months. I'm running out of things to eliminate, which means things must be improving, right? Glad you're on the right track.

Reactions: chopsaw and jcam222
Unfortunately the stupidity just continues for me.Been having some issues down below and went to the doctor and it looks like a hernia.Have an ultrasound tomorrow to find out how bad the tear is.I just went to back to work full-time and now this. What's next!

Unfortunately the stupidity just continues for me.Been having some issues down below and went to the doctor and it looks like a hernia.Have an ultrasound tomorrow to find out how bad the tear is.I just went to back to work full-time and now this. What's next!
that sucks, i had one done a few years ago, was out of work for 3 weeks, when i went back i had a 25lb. weight limit for another 3 weeks. good luck.

Its a hernia alright.Can't even see the surgeon for a consultation until April 28th!

Seven weeks I have to deal with this just to find out what will happen.Until then I HAVE to work,I've no choice.I work construction,how the hell am I supposed to do my job with this for the next seven weeks.

2020 was a cake walk compared to 2021.

Its a hernia alright.Can't even see the surgeon for a consultation until April 28th!

Seven weeks I have to deal with this just to find out what will happen.Until then I HAVE to work,I've no choice.I work construction,how the hell am I supposed to do my job with this for the next seven weeks.

2020 was a cake walk compared to 2021.
Any chance you can find another surgeon?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky