What’s Your Avatar?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I’m a fan of Texas/Red Dirt music. I can remember listening to Jerry Jeff Walker and Guy Clark riding around with my grandpa. They were a couple of the originators of this music. This album cover matched my username.
RIP Guy Clark

Reactions: bauchjw
My original avatar was a scarlet background with gray "THE " For The Ohio State University. Changed it during _ichigan week to the current avatar ( and no, i don't want to talk about that game lol) It's picture is from micheals bar in Ludington mich. We were on a salmon trip there. My Buckeyes shirt caused quite the rumble throughout the bar lol. The owner kept wanting to trade me one of his bar t-shirts for mine and hang it up for conversation starters because we were there ever day and got to kinda know him. The actual pic was from his backroom where we were playing some spinning wheel game and the loser had to buy a round of shots. Fun trip, fun times!

Rum for me. In 1986 I spent 10 days in St. Thomas, partying every night with my best friend and the girls off of the cruise ships. And don't even get me started on conch...

I’ve been a bowhunter and archery nut since I could walk 6 decades ago. Ishi was the last wild Indian that was discovered in California and was the the father of bowhunting after he was discovered by Pope & Young.
Lots of history on Ishi if you google it.

Funny perhaps but I also consider it a blessing. If we forget, we are likely to repeat :emoji_wink:
Almost 40 years and my stomach still turns at the mention of tequila, teKILLyah. No way I'll ever forget that misery and agony, not to mention what my wife had to say later...:emoji_wink: Oh by the way, she was about 7 months pregnant at the time and that's still not "the rest of the story"...:emoji_laughing:

Mine is just a snapshot of my ALL time favorite movie! I have to watch it at least every other month… Just never gets old!
Agreed a true classic, Val Kilmer was a cinema god in that role.

The only thing I disagree with, when Ike Clanton was running away, even with him tossing the sash I would have still shot him! Just for all the bs he caused.

I’ve been a bowhunter and archery nut since I could walk 6 decades ago. Ishi was the last wild Indian that was discovered in California and was the the father of bowhunting after he was discovered by Pope & Young.
Lots of history on Ishi if you google it.
Ive heard the story told by uncle ted a few times! Very sad what his people went through being exterminated and bounties paid for killing a wild indian.

• Wow
Ive heard the story told by uncle ted a few times! Very sad what his people went through being exterminated and bounties paid for killing a wild indian.

Agreed! I’ve read many books on him and his people. In 2016 the Mrs and flew out and visited the land of Ishi. I took the pic of a memorial marker of him

Agreed! I’ve read many books on him and his people. In 2016 the Mrs and flew out and visited the land of Ishi. I took the pic of a memorial marker of him
A lot of people talk about slavery ( which wasn't cool at all), but no one ever talks about the killing and extermination of the millions of indigenous peoples that were here thousands of years before "us"

Interesting. For me it was Canadian Mist and Mad Dog 20-20. July 4th, 1980. The Beach Boys concert on the Mall in Washington DC and the Great American Smoke-In. That was my alcoholic Pearl Harbor. Damn did I get bombed...and oh so sick!! That was over 42 years ago and I've not touched either since.

Funny perhaps but I also consider it a blessing. If we forget, we are likely to repeat :emoji_wink:

Robert
Fall 1988. First semester of college in Murray, KY. Trying to bounce quarters into shot glasses of grape Mad dog. Phew. I learned 2 things that night. I SUCK at bouncing quarters, and never mess with the Mad Dog. DAMN!

Mine is our great Pyrenees, Willow. She is full grown now and just had 9 puppies!
PXL_20221221_185833299.jpg

Her favorite past times include singeing the fur on her butt on my firebox and fighting off the chickens so she can eat the veggie scraps, then letting the chickens free range her dog food! SMH.
But wouldn't trade her for the world.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky