• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Wet Brined Ribs

NewBuilder

SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 15, 2019
I made some ribs the were wet brined in a 6% salt solution for 1/2 an hour and dried in the fridge overnight. I cooked them on the Yoder using the 3,2,1 method adding Tunnel BBQ sauce for the last hour. My personal taste is for light smoke and salt. They turned out great, the family really enjoyed them. I would do it again. My normal rub is just salt and pepper. I'm enjoying learning how to smoke.

Attachments

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
They look good. Have you notice a more tender, juicy rib Brining for that short time?...JJ

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
they look really good! As long as your family is happy you're golden!

Ryan

NewBuilder

SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 15, 2019
I'm not sure if they were any juicier or more tender but I do think it did improve the taste. We did find them salty enough with a short brine time.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.