Wet Brined Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

NewBuilder

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 15, 2019
I made some ribs the were wet brined in a 6% salt solution for 1/2 an hour and dried in the fridge overnight. I cooked them on the Yoder using the 3,2,1 method adding Tunnel BBQ sauce for the last hour. My personal taste is for light smoke and salt. They turned out great, the family really enjoyed them. I would do it again. My normal rub is just salt and pepper. I'm enjoying learning how to smoke.

Attachments

• Out of the smoker.jpg
    Out of the smoker.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Sauced Ribs.jpg
    Sauced Ribs.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 12
They look good. Have you notice a more tender, juicy rib Brining for that short time?...JJ

they look really good! As long as your family is happy you're golden!

Ryan

I'm not sure if they were any juicier or more tender but I do think it did improve the taste. We did find them salty enough with a short brine time.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
I've not put anything but Rub on St. Louis Cut Ribs. There is enough Fat and Connective Tissue to keep the meat tender and Juicy, when cooked properly.
I've not found a need to Brine Ribs. However, a Basic Brine that is not too Salty...

1/2 C Kosher Salt in a Gallon of Water. Will do the job.

Additionally ingredients...
1/2C Sugar,
1Tbs MSG (recommended),
1-2Tbs each...Black Pepper, Gran. Garlic, Gran.Onion, Dry Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme (Grew up in the 60's😆).
For a Hammy Flavored Rib, add 1Tbs Cure #1
Soak overnight or up to 24 hours...JJ

Reactions: Hawging It
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky