Weston Meat Slicer Reviews

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

setitandforgetitsmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
VAN WERT OHIO
i am looking to buy a new weston 12 inch meat slicer i was just getting ready to purchase a used hobart when i seen these looks like pretty good set up .i will only use this to cut raw meat (top round) for jerky. do any of you own any of these slicers(weston). if so are they any good?? do they last and do they have enough power. all replies are much appreciated. thank you

Get the Hobart......
wink.gif

I just ordered the Weston 12" meat slicer, and will let the forum know how well or bad it works. As for the Hobart, no one can deny the quality, but you will pay fore it's name. As some say you get what you pay for, so I will know soon if it holds true for everything.
JB

If you get what you pay for the 12" Weston meat slicer should be pretty damn good! Last time I looked they were still $440 plus shipping. Yeah I'd like a Hobart myself but I can't even justify the $440 for a Weston when I have a block full of cryo hardened Hinkle knives already. And truth be known I use the $10-$20 restaurant blades from Sam's more than I do those. But if you get it and rave, I may have to break down and get one myself.
Jimbo

The only question I had when talking to the representative on the phone was about getting replacement parts since the unit was on closeout. He said there should not be any problem getting parts because their company had plenty. In other words when all replacement parts are gone their gone. Ordered it anyway.
JB

has anyone used on of these slicers yet 10 or 12 inch?? planning on ordering one tomoroww but would like to here from someone that has used one it sounds too good to be true. my main concern is if it has enough power to slice a big old top round (10 inches wide) raw for jerky.

There was another post on this slicer from djohn312..... He bought a 12" weston slicer from them for $99 bucks....... Check with him and see how he likes it..... Just thought I would pass that on.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky