• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

West Virginia Butt

WV_Crusader

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 15, 2014
I’d say Boston but being from West Virginia you always add a little Appalachia to everything we do!

So I smoked this butt on 225 in my GMG Daniel Boone with Lumberjack CharHickory pellets. I ran my DG Downdraft and monitored the whole cook with my ThermoWorks Signals.
The rub started with the binder of French’s mustard followed by OakRidge BBQ Competition Beef and Pork rub then a dusting of Ramp Dust I make every year in the spring.

Below is the results after it was pulled and wrapped in foil at 195F then rested for 2HRS before shredding. My wife and kids destroyed this thing! Said it was amazing and I was actually proud myself!
7C8FADE6-C103-44E6-ACBA-7E35B10062E7.jpeg

7B240B04-065A-4AB7-8D76-351D06B5AC10.jpeg

Last edited:

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Man that looks perfect. I rename things to Tennessee alot of times lol

WV_Crusader

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 15, 2014
I think I may have enough for lunch leftover tomorrow. My son that’s 4 I would swear ate a whole lb! He just looked at me and said Daddy, I think I’m gonna pop! LOL

agaffer

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 2, 2020
How do the sauce it in W. Virginia? I can't say it out loud if my neighbors are around but, I don't like it the way we do it here in NC.

WV_Crusader

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 15, 2014
I use Tacticalories Candy Apple Whiskey BBQ on all my pork and chicken! A little pricey but I buy 160oz at a time and it’s amazing!

agaffer

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 2, 2020
"Tacticalories Candy Apple Whiskey BBQ" Don't know what it is but would buy just on the name alone. Tell us about it.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.