WELL I JUST HAD TO DO IT!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Al you've inspired me! That pizza looks awesome! I've recently been making my own dough for my Pizzaque. I also made my first batch of sausage. Making your own pepperoni, sounds great!

Al you've inspired me! That pizza looks awesome! I've recently been making my own dough for my Pizzaque. I also made my first batch of sausage. Making your own pepperoni, sounds great!

Thank you!
I have been wanting to make pepperoni for years, but was always intimidated by the dry curing rules. But not any more, with those UMAi bags & casings you can make any dry cured sausage you can think of & right in your own fridge. The only thing you need to get is the right bactoferm, there are several varieties, the one I used ferments in 80 degee temps, so it's perfect for a Florida summer, but if you are up north & can ferment it at 68-72, then you would use the one of the other ones, I think it's SPX. UMAi has some good kits & recipes too. I'm a believer now & I have a 50 mm pepperoni stick that I think will be ready for this weekend. Our next door neighbors will be coming in on Sat night so I might have to make them a couple of pizzas on Sunday!! I also have some chorizo about ready so we may make a mix of chorizo & pepperoni. They should bring the beer, don't you think!!
Al

Reactions: nanuk
You are an inspiration Al

I have a flour mill for real whole wheat flour
I can grow all my ingredients for sauce
Now, after seeing how easy you make it look, FRESH Mozza!
And then to top it off... home made sausage!

and now a real easy idea for a pizza cooker/grill!

Thank you

You are an inspiration Al

I have a flour mill for real whole wheat flour
I can grow all my ingredients for sauce
Now, after seeing how easy you make it look, FRESH Mozza!
And then to top it off... home made sausage!

and now a real easy idea for a pizza cooker/grill!

Thank you

You sound like my kind of guy!
Too bad we live so far apart!
Al

Been a long while since made a pizza. Trying to figure out how I want to cook. Between tx smoker tx smoker gas grill method or the kettle pizza oven. Been a real long time since used the kettle as the last one went in the trash. I don't have that upper plate but if I do it need to get the temp down this time. I think you helped me one time to get a good one in the kettle but been so long ago I forgot. If I go with the kettle may use Roberts CI pan. This what I am working with.

IMG_20230506_072930669_HDR.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky