Well even at 63 I guess your a newby somedays.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

papitt

Original poster
May 14, 2013
   .. So I an old Fart from central Texas ..  Stephenville 76401 for sure... Born & raise right here.  I've got 143ac of the family farm my Great Grand Father came & bought after the Civil Wars .''Southern Side''  Virginia Alabama Mississippi then to Texas.

..  I'M an outside salesman for a truck firm. Glorified  delivery  Boy.. 

. I still farm a little..  WE, ME and grand sons hunt every chance we get.   I like old classic tractors . Ford Jubilee.. Int 404.. Case 830LP .

.. Wife drives a Hemi Durango ..I drive a 2000 dodge diesel.. That we use to pull pur gooseneck to New Mexico each year to hunt on a 100k ranch. This ranch we just stumbled onto by stopping an helping an old man broke down on the side of the road. It's so cool.

... Then my running Buddy both have Classic Broncos his is 66 Mine is a   1972.. but I've put a 4BT Cummins motor into mine. I have 4 spped NP435 trans an postive track in both ends . Mine also has a camo skin on it. Neat ride.

.. I've had 2 dozen different smokers in my like . But I'd just stumbled on to the UDS.. So I plan to build one of these.

..  But just last week I traded 2 old big propane tanks that I'd had plans to make into a big wheeled smoker.. I swapped 2 for a smoker already built It's a 220 gallon tank on a trailer .

I think I got a heck of a deal . I can't wait to use it.

.. I'm the old gran Pa in our family so I go by ''PaPitt'' because my last name is Pittman ..

I also say welcome to SMF... from one Texan to another.. Howdy PaPitt! I just build my first UDS last weekend. Its my new favorite smoker I must say!

Welcome Papitt. Glad to have you with us! We love our Q-view but some pics of the classic Broncos for us hunters would be nice too!

Mike

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us! Would you mind updating your profile to show the other SMF members where you are located!  Just might meet some neighbors here!  AND....this just goes to show....you are never too old to learn something new!  I am mid 50's and having a blast here!

Jeff offers a free 5 day E-Course.  It's packed with great information to use...no matter what your experience level might be!  http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/terms-of-service

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

Welcome to the forums, PaPitt!  Glad you've joined us.  You've found a great place to learn and share ideas on our favorite pastime...grilling and smoking great food!  There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable people here who really enjoy helping one another.  Just ask when you need help and you'll get plenty!

Red

OK Kat I give, I spent 10 minutes looking for .. Terms of Service.. I don't want to get labeled as a Trouble Maker. BUT I CAN'T FIND What your in reference to ...

.. AND I DON'T LIKE that my spell check is not work on here .. Why is that.

..Thanks.

OK Kat I give, I spent 10 minutes looking for .. Terms of Service.. I don't want to get labeled as a Trouble Maker. BUT I CAN'T FIND What your in reference to ...

.. AND I DON'T LIKE that my spell check is not work on here .. Why is that.

..Thanks.
Oh the terms of service is just a reminder of "how to be nice and play in the playground together" rules.  There shouldnt be rants about politics...religion..icky pictures..or just being ugly to each other.....just some regular "little reminders" for all of us to mind our manners with each other.  That is all!  You are totally fine!  No worries....that is just my reminder to everyone who becomes a new member!  You were not singled out! 
biggrin.gif

Kat

... I really didn't figure I was being singled out.. As on another Forum we have about 3000K.  About 4 months ago someone got onto me .. It was really funny because the member there came to my defense . I never had to say a thing. And I'd really said something maybe a little out character for me.

But he was really being difficult and over there I'm Normally the one that says.  GUYS we've got women and Children on here .. Be careful.

.....But there is always that time when that one liner is just too good to pass up.

So No Smoker I hope I can figure out how to post pictures here .

. Honestly Pictures are what makes one of these Forums .. If pictures are hard to post then the sight is never as big as it could be .

I'm on a diesel sight and I've never got a picture posted yet ..

.. On my Classic Bronco forum PICTURES ARE easy and each section has like 115 people at a time watching .

Welcome Papitt, Mom and Dad are from Lipan and Mineral Wells. Hope you enjoy it here. Just sold the family ranch 2 years back, sort of sad but better to get along with the kinfolks that way.  You run into a bull rancher down there named Neely riding a fully street decked hog tell him Hi, hes good people.

These folks have a ton of useful info. And just damn friendly, none of those secret recipes and such. Remember to try a search first cause oddly enough most question have been answered at least once.

If I can help ya, just let me know.

So No Smoker I hope I can figure out how to post pictures here .

. Honestly Pictures are what makes one of these Forums .. If pictures are hard to post then the sight is never as big as it could be .

I'm on a diesel sight and I've never got a picture posted yet ..

.. On my Classic Bronco forum PICTURES ARE easy and each section has like 115 people at a time watching .
Hi PaPitt.

Here is a tutorial put together by Dave, S2K9K, that'll help you with how to post photos:   http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/how-to-upload-a-photo-q-view-to-your-post

I'm with you on the ease of posting pics making the site, and pictures are not hard to post here at SMF.

Red

Reactions: webowabo
.. Wow  I swear I've met the Neely's before .. .. I used to be a service advisor  at the dodge store and I'll say they brought diesels into us then.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky