Rapid Posts In a short time Frame ( a little more of who I am )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinjoe1970

Meat Mopper
Original poster
                          Hey fellow smokers ,I have said it before I'm Jason I'm new here But Not to Cue.

I am self employed and have been for many years. I don't make a Lot of money But I survive. I barter a lot and did it way before Barter Kings. Started when I was a Kid My Mom Dragged me to second hand stores all Over California. One place we frequented was Called "Trader Johns" I remember at about 5-6  I asked him over Our usual Piece of Bazooka Gum ( based on where I lived at that time) why It was Called Trader Johns? He said Cuz  My Name is John Raines & I Trade for about anything..  The next time My mom took me in there I took some toys, Marbles and I think My Ol' Houndog Boodan ( who wasn't even a houndog/ But not sure of all I took ) and he asked what I was Doing I said Ya see that There Big wheel?( was really the green machine dual stick Drive) Yes Trader John Said whatta bout it?  I said I'm Gonna trade you These Toys an Ma Dog  for it.. ( I didn't know it then Cuz I was a Kid) But he laughed and almost wet himself at my spunk . He told me Now Son what makes Ya Think I want an old Hound dog? I don't know or remember what was said next But I did get that Big wheel and that started a Life Long Journey for me In the world of Barter.. I've made great Trades and Lost my shirt in some.

Anyway with That being said doing what I do gives me certain freedoms a 9-5'er doesn't have .( the ability to sit at my desk lurking and posting while most of you are at work .. I am also sleep deprived I suffer from several Issues that prevent me from Sleeping a regular schedule. So I look, Lurk and Post, not just to climb a social smokers ladder. I do it because I'm Up, I can't sleep and I Love what I do ( ya Know The Que) So here I sit at 5:08 am Posting what seems Like The 2300000 post I've made ( only 80 something)  so please forgive me .

I am Not a welder, or Fabricator either, but Own some nice tools and I'm learning as I go. I have a

Lincoln Idealarc SP200 Mig machine with a Tweeco Gun. It will weld Up to 1.5" steel  and a

A Cutmaster 51 Plasma that will cut 7/8" ( I haven't seen it do It)

Victor Torch Set Large & small

I own several almost done cookers and a few completed Nice ones, I always have something Of Ebay or Craigslist for sale or trade Or Now On Facebook Groups. 

So do me a favor please don't be offended if I post alot or comment.. Its me being me Loving the Craft

Jason , Searcy/Kensett Ar.

Naw I Got to Keep The Dog, But On a Lighter Note I was in walmart weds and they had the Green machine I was Like WHAT? I wanted one!! But My 335 lb body won't fit Lol

I started welding the new floor in a renovation project. An Octagonal cooker 48"X24" I also added some 1" tubing so that I can slide out the cooking grate. It also needs new expanded metal I paid $200 for it Painted it Put floor in 1" tubing and will replace grate, weld in stops for it and add Fire Box ( maybe ) Not sure yet as I can Cook Off set or Direct In it as it is. ( Again My welding Is NOT Good )

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky