Well, Crap!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokyMose

Smoking Guru
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 13, 2015
Indianapolis, Indiana
Just like last year, the trees are flowering and starting to leaf and we get snow and a hard freeze. snow.jpg redbud.jpg

Reactions: JLeonard
Sure is a strange year. We've been getting flurries again off and on all day. Temps down in teens at night. Ready for spring before it turns to summer right away.

Reactions: Fueling Around
Seattle is having a mini summer this week: highs in the mid to upper 70s. It's been wonderful, but I was only able to fire up the smoker once. We're about to revert back to a cool spring for the weekend: mid 50s and rainy. We might not see the sun again until June.

We stopped spring planting until soil temps get back into the 40's (and stay there). They're down in the mid 30's again.
Seed is very expensive to rot in the field.

Nothing goes in my garden until May 1st and delicate stuff is well after Mother's Day.

Seattle is having a mini summer this week: highs in the mid to upper 70s. It's been wonderful, but I was only able to fire up the smoker once. We're about to revert back to a cool spring for the weekend: mid 50s and rainy. We might not see the sun again until June.
Lived there for over 16 years (80's and 90's). Didn't understand the weather either.
Summer: Loved the shorts and flip flop days and near parka nights.

Heck, it was 89* here in CA 2 days ago...you can have it, I rather have the snow for a few more weeks.

Mid 80's here in central Oregon. Hoping for plenty of rain next week.
Don't need a repeat of the 2020 wildfires!
Same here, damn we got hammered last yr it was horrible. I have a feeling that our rains are done for the yr, but I sure hope not.

I'm a waterfowl hunter and if we don't get some significant rains The Sacramento valley won't be planting rice and winter wheat like they normally do. Both OR and WA haven't sent us any birds for the last 15- 20 yrs with all the ethanol corn that you guys grow up there the birds don't have to leave and they winter up there when they used to boogy south after the first big storms. Heck I have to travel up to WA to kill a decent number of mallards these days when I used to kill them 15 minutes from my house on the CA delta public ground. So as you could imagine it costs me 10X more to kill them around Moses Lake in WA.
And yes I am bitter about it.....LMAO!!!

Reactions: Norwester55
We stopped spring planting until soil temps get back into the 40's (and stay there). They're down in the mid 30's again.
Seed is very expensive to rot in the field.

Nothing goes in my garden until May 1st and delicate stuff is well after Mother's Day.

Lived there for over 16 years (80's and 90's). Didn't understand the weather either.
Summer: Loved the shorts and flip flop days and near parka nights.
I could deal with that but around here it doesn't cool off at night most of the time, and it sucks trying to sleep when it's 80+ all night long.

Us too . Just came in from covering plants. Happy the veg plants are in pots on the garage. Had the air on 2 weeks ago , tonight a fire in the fire place .
I don't even think about planting until the middle of May. Not worried about the snow on the trees as much as the freeze hurting them again this year.

Flurries here now & then, but no measurable Snow since February 28th.
Got to 73° yesterday, while mowing, but Supposed to get below 30° by Tomorrow morning.

Bear

Woke up to snow covered fields this morning, but it's gone now.

I don't even think about planting until the middle of May
Same here. We just about always get a frost in the beginning of May here in Ky. I have onions out now, but they will be fine. Nothing else will go in the ground until the first part of May.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky