Welcome New Members

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
For a beef roast I like mesquite with some hickory. Perhaps a 3:1 ratio. Around here, especially in the winter, chunks are hard to come by. So I use chips. Now saying that, I also prefer alder. I know , some say alder only with fish. Experimentation is the key.
Smoking and Lowenbrew. Cannot get any better.

Just introducing myself here. I am looking to start smoking. I have always enjoyed grilling, but love smoked food. I was registered on this site before the major problem occurred. I had not introduced myself at that point, however. And now I have reregistered.

I am looking at buying an MES to start with. I feel the digital smoker could help me to learn the trade.

I mostly lurked before and have learned a lot by reading information here. Hope to learn much more.

JD

Hello JD, please go to roll call and introduce yourself, this will give members a chance to give you a warm welcome. Thank you.

Well I'm on my way to a smokey future. This week end I smoked 16 chicken breasts. 5 lbs of onion and pepper sauage. A bag of meatballs. 2 jimmy deans breakfast sausage rolls. and my family and a few friends ate every thing up no left overs. Thanks for all your help and the smoke classes.

hey everyone new here just said whatsup on the roll call. Me and my bro are new to smoking meats we usually smoke fish. We would like to do a Pork Shoulder and RIBS at the same time on our electric water smoker. Is that OK?? look forward to learning a bunch. Thanks everyone.

Just getting started here and wanted to say howdy to all !

BOS
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif

Hi everyone! Another newbie here. I'm big into hunting and fishing, and last year, my neighbor introduced me to smoked goose and smoked salmon (I provided the meat, he did the smoking).

This got me hooked! So I got myself a Brinkman like the one pictured on the home page, put it together, and am now waiting for all the Lake Ontario snow to melt and for temps to warm up a bit so I can season it then start putting it to use.

The only experience I have with smoking was back when I was a kid, I watched my grandfather load up the smokehouse with meat and enjoyed smoked ham and other meats. We used his electric smoker one year and smoked up a mess of smelt too, and that's it for me. I'll be doing more reading than anything else, so if you don't see too many posts from me right away, I'm not a "lurker", I'm just trying to figure out what I don't know so I can ask some decent questions.

Great site you have here Jeff!!!!

Hello all.
Just joined yesterday and was referred by another Forum.
See all these smokers that you buy.
Those are nice but I am looking for someone that has an actual Smoke House that don't move and not something that you buy froma a store that I consider a BBQ pit.
I am looking to build me one this spring and would love to hear from folks that have one also.Anyone on here have Smoke House's and not Smoke Pits?

Hey, I introduced myself a long while ago and have just been lurking in the smoke... anyway I am from Iowa. I have been smoking for a few years now started with a Masterbuilt Bullet type charcoal and last spring made a bigger one out of a 100 gallon plow truck fuel tank. Kinda cool, I have ran a bunch of diesel through that tank. Now I hope to run a bunch of yummy vittles through it. The first year was a success. I keep it at our permanent campsite we frequent almost every weekend May through September
I am in the process of learning this picture thing so see how it goes....

She didn't take the first rain real well but I will sand blast her again and get her painted.

The door where i put the charcoal and wood.

The draft door on the opposite end. Check out the side handles road find Harley pegs.

Here is the first smoke after we seasoned it. I did four different fatties and a buddy through on two chickens.

I see the pictures are going to be smaller then I'd like but we're learning.

Just doing some research. Working around to do some Canadian bacon, lots of information to soak in before starting. Thanks to every one the post are wonderful , just to bad there is not any smell net, yet. Just reading makes you gain weight I think.  
drool.gif

Hi jeff i would like to order some of your BBQ sauce . Just need to know a little more about it. how many OZ is the jar? And will it make my meats taste like its been smoked? Thanks Cookinggood.

Hi jeff i would like to order some of your BBQ sauce . Just need to know a little more about it. how many OZ is the jar? And will it make my meats taste like its been smoked? Thanks Cookinggood.
When you buy from Jeff. You are buying the recipe .not the actual sauce in a bottle.

It will be great on smoked or bbq meat but only smoke will make it taste like it's been smoked.

Hi my name is Lonnie. I love to cook outdoors. Just moved from Iowa to Oregon. Many times i have shoveled the snow to get to my grills. Living in Grants Pass, OR. My last smoker was a New Braunfels and now i have a Brinkman. It has a side burner, propane grill side, charcoal grill side and then the smoker box. I really like it. Still a rookie at smoking but this will be my 5th year. I started with brisket. Smoked my 1st tri-tip yesterday. Came out really good but had a over powering smoke flavor.

Reactions: cutternowsmoker
Hello I just joined today. Im a meat cutter by trade and ive been talking with my manager over the past year about smoking meats and cheeses but realized I didnt have any of my own stories and decided to hop on the band wagon! Today is not just my joining of this site but I also bought my first smoker (big chief) and am getting my first batxh of top round in a marinade for my first batch of jerky! Marinade today (friday) and smoke on monday!

Hi everyone! Stumbled upon this great forum while searching for Polish kielbasa recipes. I don't have a smoker ( yet!) but I do have an indoor grill :) I've been making longganisa, Filipino chorizo, for quite a while now. I'm married to a Polish guy who of course loves kielbasa and hates my chorizo lol. I'm a bored housewife who spends most of her time making magic in the kitchen. I'm looking forward to making my very own kielbasa soon. Hubby promised to buy me a smoker as soon as I figure out how to make his favorite food. :)

Hi my name is Lonnie. I love to cook outdoors. Just moved from Iowa to Oregon. Many times i have shoveled the snow to get to my grills. Living in Grants Pass, OR. My last smoker was a New Braunfels and now i have a Brinkman. It has a side burner, propane grill side, charcoal grill side and then the smoker box. I really like it. Still a rookie at smoking but this will be my 5th year. I started with brisket. Smoked my 1st tri-tip yesterday.

Came out really good but had a over powering smoke flavor.
Lonnie, morning and welcome....   too much smoke flavor is usually from smoke that is too thick....  the good smoke flavor comes from very thin, bluish smoke...  If using wood sticks in the smoker box... burn them down to coals and add 1 split or chunk to add smoke....  the smoke should be almost invisible....  

Hello I just joined today. Im a meat cutter by trade and ive been talking with my manager over the past year about smoking meats and cheeses but realized I didnt have any of my own stories and decided to hop on the band wagon! Today is not just my joining of this site but I also bought my first smoker (big chief) and am getting my first batxh of top round in a marinade for my first batch of jerky! Marinade today (friday) and smoke on monday!
Cutter, morning and welcome... Chiefs have smoked a lot of great food over the years...  Be sure to take pics (Q-views) and post your jerky for all to see....  we do have a jerky forum for posting....  Click on FORUM in the top bar and all of them will be displayed.... 
Hi everyone! Stumbled upon this great forum while searching for Polish kielbasa recipes. I don't have a smoker ( yet!) but I do have an indoor grill :) I've been making longganisa, Filipino chorizo, for quite a while now. I'm married to a Polish guy who of course loves kielbasa and hates my chorizo lol. I'm a bored housewife who spends most of her time making magic in the kitchen. I'm looking forward to making my very own kielbasa soon. Hubby promised to buy me a smoker as soon as I figure out how to make his favorite food. :)
Olivia, morning and welcome....  There are many great sausage makers on the forum and many recipes... Kielbasa is among them... In the sausage forum is probably the place to start looking....    Also, using the search bar tool, type in what you are looking for and dive in....  

Search out smokers on here also... getting ready for that new one hubby is going to buy....   There are good and bad smokers on the market....   we don't want you to get stuck with a bad one.....  

Dave

Awesome sight, very new to this and bought a Brinkman about a month ago for my first brisket, had temp troubles so went and got the WSM 18..loving it and have done ribs, salmon, trout and yesterday did a pork butt in the blizzard here in K.C .. have been getting recipes and creeping this site so I thought id join and say thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky