Weekend Smoke Question

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by raypeel, Nov 15, 2007.

1. raypeel

raypeel Meat Mopper

We are having a pre-Thanksgiving dinner Saturday so I'm going to smoke a turkey @ 300 degrees. The inlaws aren't big on turkey, but love meatloaf so I thought I would try one. Is it ok to smoke the meatloaf @ 300 with the turkey? I'm also going to do a fatty and some ABT's for snacks.

2. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Well, keep 'er mopped and put it in later than the boid, obviously. Turkey on the lower rack, and maybe a foil under the 'loaf, to direct mop away from said boid. <Sigh I miss Boid. A cockateel I had a couple years back. Good name eh?>

3. ozark rt

ozark rt Meat Mopper OTBS Member

My brother had a friend with a dalmation named Stripe.

4. flagriller

flagriller Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

[​IMG] funny kinda like a Zebra named spot?

5. fatback joe

fatback joe Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Most meatloaf recipes I have seen usually say 350 for the temp in the oven and a smoker ain't nothing but an oven with smoke. You will be fine.

6. scotty

scotty Smoking Fanatic

[​IMG] All engineers have these sorts of problems[​IMG]

7. ajthepoolman

ajthepoolman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

We have a black cat named "Pepper". The kids want a white cat now. Of course, they want to name it "Salt".

My brother named a cat we had as kids "Moosa". I don't know where he came up with a name that invokes such strong images of a moose. I do know that "Moosa" was no match for the radiator fan under the hood of a ugly green 71' Olds my parents had! Not pretty.