Weekend sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

murraysmokin

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 14, 2015
Clinton Township, Michigan
So the wife is going away for the weekend so time to make sausage & drink some beers. 15 lbs summer sausage 10 lbs sticks (Friday smoke saturday) 10 lb bulk breakfast sausage, 10 lbs apple maple bfast sausage, 10 lb cheddar brats, 10 lbs cheddar jalapeño, 10 lbs chicken wing brat w blue cheese...should be a good weekend monet shots will follow.

Haha, my wife is a nurse, and is working all weekend. This is what's on my schedule. Making sausage tomorrow. 5 lb batches of Italian sausage links, Texas hot links, maple breakfast sausage, sage breakfast sausage, and chicken jalapeño cheddar brats Saturday with plenty of beer. Sunday I'm brewing beer and watching football. Probably also smoking Texas hot links.

Great minds think alike.

Haha, my wife is a nurse, and is working all weekend. This is what's on my schedule. Making sausage tomorrow. 5 lb batches of Italian sausage links, Texas hot links, maple breakfast sausage, sage breakfast sausage, and chicken jalapeño cheddar brats Saturday with plenty of beer. Sunday I'm brewing beer and watching football. Probably also smoking Texas hot links.

Great minds think alike.

Yes they do...it's a great hobby that i have found to really enjoy.

Sounds like a great time. looking forward to seeing the pics...  You have a few interesting blends i can't wait to see. 

sounds like a great plan,,, and a fun and busy weekend,,,,, but you better buy more beer LOL 

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

can't wait to see some pics 

DS

Damn just finished & cleaned up finished with 20 lbs summer (5 lb plain, 5 lb pepper jack, & 10lb pepper jack & jalapeño) finishing in the souv vide, 10 lbs sticks the ghost pepper is no joke. 5 lb plain brat, 15lb cheddar, 5 lb bacon cheddar (cut up & slowly rendered the ends from my last batch of bacon)

10 lbs bfast sausage (bob evans style), & 10 lbs of (the wifes favorite) apple maple bfast 10 lbs chicken wing with blue cheese good stuff will be good on a bun with carmelized onions & blue cheese dressing.

Packaged up ready to freeze

Out of the roasting water bath.

Bulk bfast sausage

Ready for a waterbath.

Summer sausage had a hot spot & got a lityle fat out but all is good.

Thanks for looking..cheers

looks flipping awesome!!!! point,,, was the ghost pepper a pre mix or did you just add it in?? interested in that recipe 

DS

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky