wednesday's pork fest

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gypsyseagod

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 5, 2007
standing over the pit- kentucky
mom is in town & the bro inlaw w/ wife came over yesterday so i had a great excuse to smoke up the place.plus i thought a wednesday was a good enough excuse to cook.
icon_biggrin.gif
anyhow. what we have here is pulled pork shoulder soaked overnight in arrogant bastard ale & sprinkled w/ fajita spice & garlic, pork ribs soaked in the ale & rubbed w/ a mixture of weber's sweet & tangy rub,fajita spice, & garlic pwdr.last we have a 5lb. picnic ham that was supposed to be for sammies but i turned my back & see what happened- pulled ham. all cooked over hickory chunks & mesquite charcoal.on the side we had my pooter shooter pintos & mom's papa salad.everything came out perfect & everyone fattened up nicely.here's the q-view. http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w247/gypsyseagod/

That is some good lookin grub ya got there.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Will a ham really pull if brought up to say, 190 degrees?
I bet pulled ham would be good.
I sure would like to have a look at your pooter shooter beans recipe. I love to make pintos.
I always make some pinto beans the day after I smoke a pork butt or a brisket. Smoked meat in some pinto beans is just fantastic.

yeah the ham was smoked 6-8 hrs & wrapped & oven on 225 for 2 hrs after that then rested for an hour.- pulled perfectly. the pooter shooter recipe is in the recipes thread under side items.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky