Wedding Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Was asked to cook several months ago for a in-laws wedding and I of course accepted even though this was my first "catering" gig if you will. Cooked for several large parties before but never for 150 people at once.

Started out wit 70 pounds of raw pork shoulder. Seasoned up with tx smoker tx smoker pork rub altered with a little less salt.
wedding1.jpg

wedding2.jpg

Got those rolling with hickory smoke. Getting the fixin's ready for the baked beans. Onion, Jalapeno, and Bacon.
wedding3.jpg

3 full size pans of beans after 5 hours of smoke.
wedding4.jpg

Butts are finishing up.
wedding5.jpg

Made two sauces. My spicy concoction and Jeff's sauce.
wedding6.jpg

16 pounds of sausage getting some hickory.
wedding7.jpg

Wife helped me pull all of the pork. Ended up with 4 full size pans.
wedding8.jpg

My daughter by my side with the mac and cheese sauce. She likes to help out.
wedding9.jpg

4 half pans of mac and cheese.
wedding10.jpg

4 half pans of slaw.
wedding11.jpg

Loaded up the back of the car plus some in the back seat.
wedding12.jpg

The buffet. I didn't do the deviled eggs, the pan of green beans, or the kids food but everything else.
wedding15.PNG

To go pans I packed up for family and neighbors.
wedding14.jpg

Took me around 3 days to get everything done but everyone seemed to enjoy it. Heard several nice things from the guests. Hadn't posted in awhile so figured I would throw this one out there. Thanks for taking a look!

John

Last edited:
That's an awesome job with alot of awesome looking food! Way more than anything I would be comfortable doing! Glad it turned out so well and of course the help from wife and daughter! I kinda figured your daughter would be like dad and wear flip flops! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Holy smokes John...literally man. That was a monumental effort there buddy but well done. Great work...now grab a 12-pack, sit down, and relax a bit. You certainly earned it.

Robert

OMG, John!!
That's Fantastic!!
You did an Awesome Job!!
I'm proud of You!!
Like.
Now people will be beating down your door to get you to do their Shindigs!!!

Bear

Boy howdy John, you pulled off a ton of fine work right there, I sure it was greatly appreciated by all who got to attend. Big like amigo, great job! RAY

Awesome work and a lot of it! Wow! It really paid off, that looks like a better spread than most weddings I’ve been too and I know it tasted better! Thank you for sharing and congrats on being a delicious and filling part of a great day for your fam!

Man John you nailed it like I knew you would. I’m sure the wedding party and guests were very satisfied!! Also love seeing your daughter cooking with you, good family bonding time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky