• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Weber Snake / Vent Question?

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like Ray it is appreciated.

Looks like you really enjoyed them.

Warren

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Looks great Ray . I was in Tennessee when I saw this last week . 30 years of smashing fingers makes it hard to type on a phone .

So just for the sake of it , I start with the vents open . Mine likes to run at 260 , so that's where I target my temps . I'll let it run up to 400 , ( if it wants ) then add the meat and adjust after the temp falls .
If the temp only gets to around 260 / 300 , I'll add a separate pile of lit coals . 10 or so , to take up for the cold mass of meat . Lets the main source of heat do it's thing .
I made a small bent plate pocket I use to dump the lit coals onto the end of the snake . Pour the coals in and push it up to the start of the snake . Works pretty good .
20190901_163156.jpg 20190901_175636.jpg
I'll be watching for the rest of the cooks .

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.