Weber Snake / Vent Question?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great Ray . I was in Tennessee when I saw this last week . 30 years of smashing fingers makes it hard to type on a phone .

So just for the sake of it , I start with the vents open . Mine likes to run at 260 , so that's where I target my temps . I'll let it run up to 400 , ( if it wants ) then add the meat and adjust after the temp falls .
If the temp only gets to around 260 / 300 , I'll add a separate pile of lit coals . 10 or so , to take up for the cold mass of meat . Lets the main source of heat do it's thing .
I made a small bent plate pocket I use to dump the lit coals onto the end of the snake . Pour the coals in and push it up to the start of the snake . Works pretty good .
20190901_163156.jpg 20190901_175636.jpg
I'll be watching for the rest of the cooks .

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky