• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Weber Kettle Premium vs Master Touch

DLP4412

Joined Apr 18, 2020
I am debating between the premium and master touch versions. Do you think it's worth splurging on the master touch? If it's worth the upgrade, anyone have a master touch in a color other than black? I watched a few YouTube videos where the users complained about the paint job. Also, do you think the slow n sear is worth it or are the charcoal baskets enough?

Thanks!

kruizer

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 7, 2015
I have the Premium and it does everything I need it to. I also have the slow and sear and that thing is the boss.

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
Performer all the way, the baskets and gas lighting work great, been driving mine for a long time lol

5GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 12, 2018
My first Weber was a Premium that I loved. I did upgrade to the Master Touch grill grate after a while. If this is going to be your only grill, I would jump on a Slow-n-Sear.

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
I wouldn't know the difference between a Master Touch and a Premium but I'd imagine they're both 22" kettles. Whichever one you choose you definitely want to get the Slow-n-Sear, and the Vortex. Between the two there's nothing you can't do, and do well. If I was only going to have one smoker it'd be a 26" Weber with both those attachments. Just my 2¢. RAY

Last edited:

DLP4412

Joined Apr 18, 2020
I bought a pit barrel cooker and thinking I'm just going to get the premium with the SnS and Vortex. I'm curious if any of you have any smoker controllers? I had a flame boss on my BGE but I sold it. I keep seeing videos of folks drilling holes in their kettle but not sure I want to do that. Thoughts?

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
I don't use any controller on mine, it is pretty easy to keep the temps stable, I found out a long time ago to sneak up on the temp you want to run, if you shoot way past it fuel is hard to choke back once is is roaring, I run the top mostly open and try to control the temp with the bottom vents, I love the swing up grate which allows me to add charcoal or wood during use, also the baskets work well to keep a nice divide for offset cooking. I would build a 26" Weber performer if I didn't have a 36" cowboy grill when I need some more room

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I'm just going to get the premium with the SnS and Vortex.
Been cooking on kettles a long time . I don't see a need for the vortex or the SnS . Just my opinion .
Put that money in a 26 " or a performer . I have both and love 'em .
I keep seeing videos of folks drilling holes in their kettle but not sure I want to do that. Thoughts?
I wouldn't do that .
I don't use any controller on mine, it is pretty easy to keep the temps stable, I found out a long time ago to sneak up on the temp you want to run,
True . Doesn't take much adjustment on the one touch clean out to add air , because it works all 3 slots .
I use a snake method on the 26 . I've had it run 10 hours @ 260 and was still going when I pulled the meat off .

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.