Waygu Burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
When i was at Jimmy P's butcher the other day we picked up 2, 8oz Waygu pattys.

Plain old SPG, Did a small flatten and going on the kettle in a few.

IMG_3679.JPG

IMG_3680.JPG

Looks good Rick. Never had Wagyu before. Hoping for some finished pics.

I can't afford Kobe beef or the American version of Wagyu. And when it comes to making stupid money on hamburger, I don't trust any ground beef to be what they say it is. Too easy to sell me a load of goods with no recourse to prove otherwise unless I witness the actual beef before it's ground, regardless of how well I know the butcher. Just my 2¢, but maybe I should just keep my mouth shut....

nice, enjoy it. You won’t find a tastier burger!

Bought a 1 lbs pack from walmart with 3 patty's in it, probably the best burger I have ever made

Those who know me, i'm pretty simple. Dont write books, dont do foodie blog posts so for me this is me.
I'm going to go buy 12 of these burgers. 6 waygu chuck and 6 sirloin.

Thats my neighbors tater over the coals.
IMG_3681.JPG

My wife likes cheese on hers.
IMG_3683.JPG

Simple eats (sorry had to take a bite) i like bbq sauce on my taters.
IMG_3684.JPG

Looks fantastic! I’ve had some tasty Wagyu burgers. Our local Savealot has the best darn ground sirloin patties on the planet. I cook a lot of fancy schmancy dishes but I always say at the end of the day my number one favorite food of all time is a great burger.

That looks really good. I had a Wagyu burger in Victoria Canada a few years ago and it was one of the best burgers I have had.

They were pretty good. Pays to get them at a butcher and the tad higher price.

The burger was a nice solid bite, not squishy like cheap store bought GB.
The SPG gave a good taste without the over powering paprika and other stuff. I made my own SPG with pink salt, ground pepper and garlic.

I have heard of these people, wish I had one closer than over an hour drive in a direction I never go in.

The Jimmy P's sells to some higher end restaurants and some local tiki bars, prob more for the tourists.

Nice looking beef patties. Love the fat blend.
I got a 3# pack of ground Wagyu from Sam's last year. Meat had nice texture, but way too lean and lacking (fat) flavor for my cooking which is mostly burgers and taco meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky