Way too many nuggets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Yesterday smoked 12# of freshly caught Salmon filets, but today I did 192 salmon nuggets. What a treat these will be.

Meanwhile the wife is coming home with anothet 12# salmon she just caught. Good god woman....enough already!

7yvypygu.jpg

tehemypa.jpg

TapaYakin' from my iPhone

Last edited:
Reactions: boykjo and upsman
More Ice.....very simple  Dk brown Sugar, non iodized salt, garlic and Yoshida sauce. Brined for 7 hours.

Linguica....Daly City?  You're more than welcomed as long as you leave your typical overcast weather at home.......LOL

Would you share a recipe. I've smoked a lot of fish but never have tried the nug's. Sounds like a good thing being they all have the sweet smokey crispy outer layer. Cool!

Nice..........................Not a big fan of salmon but I would eat those.....
drool.gif

Joe

Below is a link to the original recipe, but what I did was:

* 4/1 ratio of  dark brown sugar / non iodized salt

* Lots of fresh crushed garlic

Mixed the above dry brine with the fish.  Topped it with a cup of Yoshida's sauce.  Mixed it all up again and threw it in the refridgerator for 7 hours, stirring the batch every couple hours.

http://www.theblackpeppercorn.com/2012/09/smoked-salmon-nuggets/

Oh and cudo's to member stevecylka for submitting the original salmon nugget post, which encouraged me to try it.   Heck, I just might do some more this weekend.

Looks like you will be in nugget heaven for quite a while 

Not really, for what I have given away, I will probably be smokin' some more this coming weekend.

yeah,
drool.gif

Been too long since I had fresh Salmon , like when I was 18 and went with a friend to Alaska.

Lucky to have an Outdoorsey Lady like that , mine don't even like fish, at all.
icon_cry.gif
. I still do Catfish when the Son takes me fishing...what a turn around, that used to be MY job
icon_exclaim.gif

Have fun and...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky