Waving Hello from SW VA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hungrysmoking

Original poster
Mar 19, 2014
SW Virginia,USA
Hey yall as title says im in SW Virginia,names Glenn,aka HungrySmokinG ,been living here for about 25 years or so but grew up near Lexington NC,which I consider to be one of the BBQ capitals of the world.Im a former Owner-Operator Trucker so i was fortunate to be able to travel this great country and sample BBQ and smoked foods in a lot of places.In my opinion ITS ALL GOOD IF ITS DONE RIGHT! Thats one reason I felt like I was in Hog Heaven when I found this site,cause as Ive observed you guys know how to get it right.I appreciate TulsaJeffs hard work and dedication to this site and this passion we all love.Ive been smoking/grilling/BBQing about most of my life but always felt like I was missing something to take it to next levels.I currently use a CharGrill barrel offset smoker,charcoal,splits and chunks with it.Got a MasterForge(MasterBuilt) 31' model#20071214 electric smoker last year which I got at Lowes.So far am happy with it but still learning its intricacies.Smoked a 12# turkey friday and it turned out good.Used cherry,apple and a little hickory.First time doin whole turkey on electric although have done one on wood smoker.Didnt brine this time but injected and rubbed.Like I said its all good if done right and with love.I mostly have smoked and cooked pork shoulders and ribs in the past but am always wanting to try something new.Also have turkey fryers but all that oil is just not cost effective for me.I love cooking.EATING,smoking/grilling,music and reading,which I usually do on a long smoke.Thank you all for the invite and for being here and so gladly sharing your knowledge.Im not much on social media,but I couldnt resist joining and gettin involved with this site.I"ll be quiet now sit back listen and learn,but if anything I can help any one with my limited knowledge an burnt out brain jus let me know.Thanks again Im outa here for now.Also am enjoying the 5 day e class.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! Glad you've joined the SMF family. You'll find this to be a friendly group...we enjoy helping and encouraging each other. Looking forward to your input around here, and just ask if you ever need anything...someone here will surely be able to help.

Red

[h3]
texas.gif

Hello  Glenn,and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   [/h3][h3]  [/h3][h3]Gary[/h3]

Hey Glenn

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky