WATCH OUT, JUST RECEIVED THIS P.M.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I got the same link as bigfurmn bigfurmn and reported it. I took a minute but I found the option to 'leave conversation' and delete it from my PM list. I hope this only blocked this user and not all PM's.

This is the type of Crap that happens when a Newbie refers to his pics as Food P@#n. Maybe we missed one...JJ

I agree chef jimmyj chef jimmyj ! Please know, I was just warning fellow members! I as well as other members of this forum respect and appreciate all you Mods do! Thanks!

I agree chef jimmyj chef jimmyj ! Please know, I was just warning fellow members! I as well as other members of this forum respect and appreciate all you Mods do! Thanks!

No issue my friend. I/we appreciate guys lije you have our back. Mods are not always here and Reporting stuff like this posts an alert that clues us in that there is a problem.
I just Deleted a butt load of these and banned the spammer. So far, same message, three different people/Bots sending them...JJ

Got 1 28 minutes ago, determined little buggers aint they? lol

ADMIN can look up the I.P. address, but most are sent through a proxy...could be Chinese phishing through a U.S. proxy I.P. address.

Russia is where it's coming back to this time
I got it too. It’s frigging everywhere. i reported it, whatever good that does, but yes we need to be sharp eyed and stay on top of this garbage.

It does a lot of good since they are using PM's we won't know about it unless we get one or somebody reports it

I deal with that on another site I moderate. Really only way I have found to avoid it is to check IP address on black lists and first postings need to approved. No PMs until poster is permitted to post.

New member posts are held for approval however since they are using PM's we don't get notified

This seems to happen once every few years it's difficult to prevent since they are not actually posting in a thread but instead using PM's. I banned several of them yesterday as they got reported then Adam banned several of them then Chef Jimmy banned some so we are aware it's happening but need those that receive them to report them otherwise we may not catch them or catch them as soon

This is the type of Crap that happens when a Newbie refers to his pics as Food P@#n. Maybe we missed one...JJ
I did this very thing on another Forum a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately it was caught quickly. Total ignorance on my part!
I received a friendly PM from mod/admin explaining why using such words is not allowed. I have much respect for mods and administrators now.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky