• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Washed Phone

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
I washed my phone today. Got new one but what a pain trying to put data back on. I do some work from home and of course my laptop picked today to disconnect now cant get back on with out old phone. This year has not started out very good! Got some chuck eyes to try that new seasoning on. Time to take a break.

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Whoa, not good.
I'm close to the same boat, working with Amazon to get my Kindle issue copy/paste straightened out ( no go). But they deleted "all" my bookmarks and favorites. Can't recover...sucks

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
I took mine trout fishing a few years back... Waterproof pocket wasn't.
That sucked, phones ain't inexpensive and lost data sucks.
I'm going trout fishing again this season, phone will be in certified waterproof container this time.

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
I glad when restored my freezer app all my data came back. That would of been real pain. I have a ton of stuff in 3 freezers and I went through them all while back and put everything in a app.

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
I took mine trout fishing a few years back... Waterproof pocket wasn't.
That sucked, phones ain't inexpensive and lost data sucks.
I'm going trout fishing again this season, phone will be in certified waterproof container this time.
I on Tracfone so new phone only $90.

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
That sucks Brian, that you washed your phone! But what's this app about with your freezers? We have 3 deep freezers, 3 fridge freezers, and an upright freezer... this app sounds very helpful!

Ryan

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
That sucks Brian, that you washed your phone! But what's this app about with your freezers? We have 3 deep freezers, 3 fridge freezers, and an upright freezer... this app sounds very helpful!

Ryan
Its called Frizor. It is very basic. Not even a search function but it keeps track of what freezer and what shelf. I used the voice microphone when entering things in which made it alot easier. Here is a screen shot.

Screenshot_20210116-155649_Frizor.jpg

Inscrutable

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2019
I do something similar, but just have it in the ‘Notes’ on my phone. Also have started dating it. Really liking it, especially in the chest freezer where out of sight out of mind.

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 1, 2016
Seriously why is this a thread on a smoking meat forum.

2Mac

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 30, 2020
I can’t believe how we’ve become slaves to our devices. And I say this. “ Me included “
It’s a catch 22. Love keeping up on new techniques but hate that I rely on my devices to make it possible.

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Sorry peach. Probably had to do with a few cocktails and hearing more bad news my mom getting ready for her next life. I losing my mine today.
No need to apologize. You posted this on the correct forum. Blowing smoke around the smoker is for shooting the breeze. Sorry about your mom bud

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 1, 2016
Sorry peach. Probably had to do with a few cocktails and hearing more bad news my mom getting ready for her next life. I losing my mine today.
Sorry about your mom but it sounds like she is headed to a better place.

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
No need to apologize. You posted this on the correct forum. Blowing smoke around the smoker is for shooting the breeze. Sorry about your mom bud
Thanks man. Just talked to all my brothers. I should go but did that with my dad and now that how I keep remembering him. Not the same person. Going to be a tuff few days coming up.

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
I glad when restored my freezer app all my data came back. That would of been real pain. I have a ton of stuff in 3 freezers and I went through them all while back and put everything in a app.
There’s a freezer app?? Man I need to map mine out!!

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Freezer app? Gezz. Whats next.

clifish

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 25, 2019
Sorry about your mom! Did the same thing to my phone 2 weeks ago...pissed me off as I usually very good at keeping my phone in great shape. It was an Iphone 7 and was fine by me. Found an old Iphone6s (kids previous one) traded it into Apple on a brand new Iphone 11 for a total of I think $479...way better than the new 12 they want to charge $39/mo for the next 240-30 months on.

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Brian, as far as I'm concerned this is a good post! Definitely understand why you're stressed out. You have been going through alot lately! As has your brother and his family. My wife took care of my mom the last 3 years until she passed away last April.

Furthermore this thread has helped me to maybe find a better way to keep track of inventory in our freezers. Some of that inventory has been smoked already and some of it is things that need curing. Disappointed in some responses here.

Ryan

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.