Warning! Unconventional Smoke Method coming....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pitbulmom

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 14, 2016
Hurricane, Utah
wazzapp.gif
Ok, guys, this is a warning, I will be doing my first Brined Turkey tomorrow.  Will be starting the Brining in just a little while, 

I am going to use the General Brine that most of you guys use, just have to run to the store first.

When I say Unconventional,it is What I smoke the bird in, and you will get pics, so please don't laugh, because it has served us well since 2006.

I'm gonna put what I have learned here from all of my friends and you will get to tell me what ya think!

rose.gif
 Just don't laugh, Hubby says you guys will laugh me off the Forum. (I told him ya'll won't do that)

Reactions: smokin monkey

ROTF.gif

There's always gotta be one in every crowd...

it usually turns out to be me...      
icon_eek.gif

and now back to our scheduled q-view

Geez Louise....What a TEASE! Post the Pics already!...JJ

Ok, here are the pics. Due to the fact I didn't check the batteries in my camera, I didn't get pics of the brine, but got them charged for this morning!
Stuffed the butt with Celery, 1/2 an onion and Carrots after putting S&P on the inside (Light on the Salt) Rinsed it too

Other 1/2 of the Onion in the neck Rubbed with EVOO and Dry Rub Massaged in the back

I close the neck with a Bamboo skewer 

Notice the Roasting pan???

Had to rinse the Pecan chunks to get the dust and Sand off (We live in the High Desert, and with the wind, everything gets acoat of sand on it)

Here is where it gets unconventional...THIS smoker I came up with all on myown. Few yrs ago, we lost our home (thanks Barnie Frank) and had to move into a Motel.I managed to feed us on this Grill, along with a Hot Plate, and a Mini fridge

My way of lighting the coals

Forgot to get pic with the chunks in there

Hubby fired it up (wood is not in yet)

Turkey Broth for the bottom of the roaster! Gotta put some moister in there! Used the Neck and Giblets,( Onion Celery, Carrots and a little Sage, Garlic powder) Put some back for Gravy.

My "Tuneing Plate" (Old cookie sheet)

Tented and Legs covered  (This stays on for the first 20 minutes )

Ready to go....

Tried to get a photo with the "Thin Blue smoke" but it really didn't show
icon_rolleyes.gif

Foil removed and Probe inserted....

After about 1 1/2 hrs, Basting

Coals about gone, so added a few more so it will finish.

I will add the rest of the picks when we get ready to pull the bird...(hubby is trying to out think me and is making me a nervous wreck! I'm gonna go fix me a drink!
wife.gif

I thank you guys for all the kind words! I am waiting for the Potatoes to get done, then I will post the Plating pics.

Has anyone ever done all the cooking/smoking and then been so tired that they were not hungry?? It is 103 degrees here, so I am not really that hungry, but we have a friend who is waiting on a plate, he just got back from the hospital, and I told him to just rest, and I would send Hubby over with dinner.

Thanks Uncle jhim for the points! ( Took me a few minutes to figure out how to post pics!)
77.gif

(My two girls are waiting patiently for their pieces of Turky skin and their Carrots!

View media item 469549
PitBulMom takes care of her FurKids!
wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky