Warming Cabinet Build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

evilpsych

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 9, 2014
Had several PM's about my progress on my warming cabinet - well, pandemic aside, Selling and moving into a new house, I've finally gotten the time to make some progress on the build. Got an Inkbird Controller, and a buddy of mine that works in Industrial HVAC work made me an intake and an exhaust chimney. Rather than type a lot, here's a youtube video.

Reactions: Ronyon and kruizer
Does that have built in heating elements at bottom and sides. Mines half that size and was double the price. I also had plenty of issues getting a nice smoke. I like where your at with that build. I use a cooling fan that is thermostaticly controlled turns on at 122⁰ off at 90⁰ will see how that works out this summer.

Does that have built in heating elements at bottom and sides. Mines half that size and was double the price. I also had plenty of issues getting a nice smoke. I like where your at with that build. I use a cooling fan that is thermostaticly controlled turns on at 122⁰ off at 90⁰ will see how that works out this summer.
The manufacturer said it’s in the bottom and a band about 2/3rds of the way up.

For all intents and purposes, the smoker conversion is complete! Attached are a few videos about the controller and the final test. Next is cladding the outside with wood siding to make it look rustic. The door seal was already rated for 325F according to the manufacturer so for using at 250 and below (99% of what i'll use it for) i'll likely never have to replace it.

Controller Test

Cabinet Functionality is Complete The cabinet was cool to the touch during the entire test except for the top exhaust - I'm thrilled with the results. The 220v circuit it is on is a GFCI Circuit so there is near-zero chance of shorting/electrocution.

Yesterday was the first cook - two pork butts. Started out using the amaze-n tube with pellets for the flavor. Didn't produce the amount that i was expecting, so, enter a stainless steel colander 3/4 full of pellets lit in 3 places and set to smolder just like that amaze-n. Produced and amount of thin smoke that i was much more satisfied with and didn't add much heat. The electric kept it totally on whatever temp i set it on within 1 or 2 degrees. After I pulled the meat last night i turned it up to 300 to basically cook-out any drippings that weren't caught by the pans. Half sheet pans and the cooling racks you can get for them are perfect in this unit.

Reactions: Ronyon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky