wannabe smoker from UK

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smurf assassin

Original poster
Jan 26, 2014
My name is damian from surrey in the UK.
Not smoked before but have been using a gas bbq for a while now, and after watching a lot of programmes of the US guys, smoking seems the way to go and I've never had brisket so I want to cook one.

Just got hold of a 55 gallon drum and looking to build a horizontal reverse flow smoker, so any advice would be most welcome

Hi S.A. You've come to the right place for advice, plenty of knowledgeable peeps about here. Click on Forum in the header, go to Community and check out the UK smokers group, there's a couple of helpfull guys on there that are in your neck of the woods. Also check out UDS builds, might be a better option for using your oil drum.

Graeme.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hello and Welcome to our addiction.  A word of warning: There is no 12 step program for this one!  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  We look forward to your contributions.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Hello.  I have to agree with jockaneezer about your drum.  In my opinion a  UDS is a better option.  A drum just doesn't hold heat well enough for the reverse flow.  If we can help with anything be sure to let us know.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Thanks for the welcome guys, after carefull consideration, i think i might do a UDS as would be cheaper and a good way to practice smoking, after all this is my first time :-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky