wanna learn from experienced smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dapogz

Original poster
Feb 6, 2014
Hello, I am from the scenic state of Idaho and want to learn from experienced smokers. I fish and hunt waterfowls, and want to know best tasting recipes from you guys. I recently bought a 30" MES (model 2000910) and have tried it a few times. I have good feedbacks from my tasters, but I know I have a long way to go.

My first question. Is it better to preheat the smoker before loading the meat/fish? The manual recommends preheating, but I will trust your experience.

Thank you

dapogz

Glad you joined us Dapogz, :welcome1: from North Dakota!
Yes do the preheat, it is much easier for your MES to keep up your desired temp if it was preheated. Otherwise you would be added a chilled product to a cold smoker for it to reach your desired temperature.

MossyMO, thanks for the advise. The other problem i am having is liquid leaking at the bottom front door. I adjusted the lever/latch really tight but i still create mess on the concrete floor. I reported the issue to the customer service and they think that i have a defective door. They will be sending a replacement door soon and a retrokit. Hope that i could have better tasting product when this issue is resolved.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Thanks Gary! I am excited to learn more about smokingmeat

ND here to!
cheers.gif
And Welcome..

Yes , preheat it ...even if your short on time , give it a head start.

I have the MES40 with window and mine leaks thru the bottom window . Im sure its just moisture running down the sides and leaking out...you will find this is fairly common. If the new door helps, Great!  If not, no harm.

Joe

Good morning, I don't have an electric, I have a stick burner/charcoal, but always get it up to temp before you put your meat on.

Gary

Dap,

Welcome to SMF! This is the place to get great advice. I recommend you get some sort of large pan or tray to set your MES in. This will keep stains off your floor deck or porch. You will drip grease and juices no matter how careful.

RG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky