Walton’s 7lb Stuffer - Feedback

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

illini40

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 12, 2017
Good morning

Waltons has their 7 pound stuffer on sale. Two speed. This looks like a good deal.

Any feedback or experience? I was leaning towards a LEM 5lb but think this may be a better deal.

Also, in the description on the Waltons site, it references only using Waltons brand casings and tubes. Is this really true? I cannot imagine that you could not use other brands.

Last edited:
That's a really nice looking unit, hard to go wrong. Steel gears and a 7lb tank will enable you to do 5lb batches without having to reload. RAY

My steam cleaner wants only THEIR brand of solution in it. My shop vac wants only THEIR brand of filters, along with my whole house water filter, etc, etc.

Use whatever casing you like. Unless Walton's is growing their own breeds of hog and sheep with special intestines, you'll be just fine.

Reactions: smik1
My steam cleaner wants only THEIR brand of solution in it. My shop vac wants only THEIR brand of filters, along with my whole house water filter, etc, etc.

Use whatever casing you like. Unless Walton's is growing their own breeds of hog and sheep with special intestines, you'll be just fine.

I didn't see that. Of course they want you to only use their casings, don't know why....! You can use any casings you wish. I prefer the ones from Syracuse casings.

HAHAHA

Waltons funny they want you to use just their stuff. Thats like my insulin pump knwoing what brand of insulin is in it.

Do yourself a favor and get the LEM 5lb with the enclosed metal gears, also you wont have a 1/4 lb of meat in the bottom elbow as the LEM is flat.

Thanks for all of the input everyone.

Is there anything significant that would make the LEM 5lb better than this Waltons 7lb?

LEM
Flat bottom. You will have about 1/8" meat and a small portion in the V. Unlike the elbow on the other stuffer.
lem555.jpg

lem5.jpg

Enclosed metal gears.
lem55.jpg

Reactions: fivetricks
It isn't a problem getting almost all of the meat from this stuffer. Simple trick using a piece of bread. I don't know what is going on with the gears in that stuffer. But mine has the same features with metal gears in the enclosure. And easier to open and inspect. And grease. BGKYSmoker BGKYSmoker Have you opened this gearbox. And know how it is made? Not trying to flame or anything. But at times people get loyal over names. And not quality. Just curious. Stepping off the soap box. And having a beer.

It isn't a problem getting almost all of the meat from this stuffer. Simple trick using a piece of bread. I don't know what is going on with the gears in that stuffer. But mine has the same features with metal gears in the enclosure. And easier to open and inspect. And grease. BGKYSmoker BGKYSmoker Have you opened this gearbox. And know how it is made? Not trying to flame or anything. But at times people get loyal over names. And not quality. Just curious. Stepping off the soap box. And having a beer.
Yup all metal just like my other lem 5.
I would not crank thru a 3/8" OD tube if they were plastic

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky