Walmart Beef ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah, those don't look bad. Beef ribs around here, they leave only enough connective tissue on to keep the bones together.

Our Walmart has started carrying "BBQ Beef Ribs." They're a little meatier and priced pretty good, so I pick em up on occasion. Not bad but one of these days I'd like to get ahold of some of the bones I see around SMF!

You just have to take them a little bit longer. Just think of a brisket, it's not done until a toothpick/probe slides in like butter. Glad they were tasty, they're actually my favorite rib!
Lance

I've had this same problem with some of my spare ribs.  Now I only buy from one store, so I get same type each time, and I cook these

4 -1 1/2 - 1/2 to 3/4, and they turn out perfect every time.

It takes time and practice to learn your preferred sweet spots for different meat.  But, you get some good eating while learning.

Even a messed up BBQ is better than none.  lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky