Wahoo...got a smoker!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by den, May 15, 2009.

1. den

den Newbie

I bought a vertical gas smoker at Sears and so far have tried a couple of pork bellies and some chicken using hickory. I'm shooting for having a Memphis oasis in my Philadelphia back yard!

2. jdt

jdt Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

welcome to the smf, once you start making your own smoked food its hard to look back.

3. bigbaldbbq

bigbaldbbq Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF. Have fun with the new smoker and we love qview!

4. billbo

billbo Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard Den! Congrats on your new smoker, lots of good recipes and ideas on here. Enjoy!

5. irishteabear

irishteabear Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF. Glad you joined us. I'm in the Philly area. [​IMG]

6. rickw

rickw Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF, lots of great people and info here.

7. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to smf look learn and listen. These guys and girls here knows alot about anything you mite think of smoking.

8. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome Den.
    Ahhh good old Philly. Spent a good portion of my younger years just hanging out, wandering the streets and having fun up in Philly.

Stick with this site and you will be smoking like a mad man in no time.

9. builder59

builder59 Smoke Blower

Good for you.. Glad your having fun with it. I think there is nothing more relaxing than being in your back yard doing barbeque. Post some pics of your smoker and some of you food. Welcome aboard.

Ron

10. dacfan

dacfan Smoke Blower

Welcome, you'll learn alot here and don't be afraid to ask questions. Everyone is real nice here.

11. tasunkawitko

tasunkawitko Master of the Pit OTBS Member

welcome, den - lots and lots of good folks here and beyond that, the most excellent advice!

12. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF and congrats on the new smoker. Nothing better than spending a nice relaxing day around the smoker then being rewarded with a fine meal. Have fun and happy smoking