New to the game -DE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zooloo10

Original poster
Nov 1, 2023
Hey everyone.

29 from northern Delaware. Been cooking and grilling all my life, but new to smoking. Wife got me a MES30 last Christmas as my first foray into smoking. Been reading on the forum for a while now for recipes and tip with the smoker, which has been super helpful.

Recently got a mailbox mod installed and got my self the a-maze-n maze. Tomorrow I'm trying out my first pork butt on the smoker. Been avoiding doing really long smokes without the mailbox. Had a couple great smokes with ribs and whole chicken, (still working on the skin, but damn does it make a good sandwich).

So thanks for putting the knowledge out there, i'll try my best to add to it!

Attachments

• 20231101_224144.jpg
    20231101_224144.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 20
  • camera_capture.jpg
    camera_capture.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 21
Welcome to SMF! If you've been lurking for a while, you know we love pics.!! Kudos on the mailbox mod.; it works awesome! Also, special consideration given to new members for a ride on the spinner....so take awesome pics. of your cook in your new smoker!

Hey everyone.

29 from northern Delaware. Been cooking and grilling all my life, but new to smoking. Wife got me a MES30 last Christmas as my first foray into smoking. Been reading on the forum for a while now for recipes and tip with the smoker, which has been super helpful.

Recently got a mailbox mod installed and got my self the a-maze-n maze. Tomorrow I'm trying out my first pork butt on the smoker. Been avoiding doing really long smokes without the mailbox. Had a couple great smokes with ribs and whole chicken, (still working on the skin, but damn does it make a good sandwich).

So thanks for putting the knowledge out there, i'll try my best to add to it!
Welcome from SE Florida. Still use my MES 30 for bacon, yardbird, and small batch stuff with smoking tube and apple pellets.

Welcome from Mississippi! Look forward to more of your posts and pics. We like show and tell around here.

Jim

Howdy, and welcome to the group from New Mexico.
Used to live in your neighborhood - Bear, DE.
If you don't have one already, I highly recommend getting a remote thermometer with alerts.
Two probes minimum, four is better if you need to monitor more than just smoker temp and a single meat temp.
Happy smoking...

Howdy, and welcome to the group from New Mexico.
Used to live in your neighborhood - Bear, DE.
If you don't have one already, I highly recommend getting a remote thermometer with alerts.
Hey nice I'm right up the road in Newark. And yeah I got a 4 probe wireless thermometer usually keep one in the smoker so I can check it's temp and one or two in what I'm cooking.

Reactions: 02ebz06
Hey nice I'm right up the road in Newark. And yeah I got a 4 probe wireless thermometer usually keep one in the smoker so I can check it's temp and one or two in what I'm cooking.
Used to take Septa from Newark to Philly daily. Worked at CHOP.

Reactions: zooloo10
Hi, and welcome from Iowa! Watch your pocket book... these guys will help ya empty it on things they think you need lol!

Ryan

Reactions: 02ebz06
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky