Vortex Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BB-que

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 8, 2016
Came out good as always but the skin is a bit chewy/rubbery. I let them sit in the fridge overnight on a rack snd when I took them out today boy were they dry. I think I’m over drying them. Lightly coated them In olive oil and on the vortex with a hickory chunk. Skin is just not bite thru - I think I’m drying them too long possibly, texture was really dry snd stiff when I took them out of refridge - but we ate them up.

D98B14BE-4B60-4F20-8824-14266503A5AC.jpeg
7FC962D8-B98F-4327-AEB5-A534B974DB5E.jpeg
AEA6D263-969E-444A-AADA-5BA30F1DDF0F.jpeg

If you're going for a dry crispy bite through skin, skip coating them in oil

They look great from my screen. I only do whole wings and drop them on the kettle/Vortex combo right out of the package. Toss them in sauce when finished. Hasn't failed me yet.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: BB-que
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky