Vortex Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BB-que

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 8, 2016
Vortex wings 2 ways. An Asian and a buffalo. The buffalo sauce came out the way I’ve been trying to get. Frank’s, butter, honey, worstershire, white vinegar, red pepper flakes and then simmered with a couple TBSP of corn starch to thicken up. It’s the sauce I’ve been after.
8BB2CD87-EBE3-4FF9-BB01-6F1B063A250D.jpeg
2E080475-58D3-48A8-85EA-B83F8A502F4A.jpeg
EB824DB2-4646-4F25-9C7E-78F2636C253D.jpeg

Wow those look great. A lot better then my first two attempts. Just used mine this week for first time

Thanks all for the likes. Asian sticky sauce, I doubled it:
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
1 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 cloves garlic
1 inch fresh ginger

Reactions: yazamitaz
btw 2 TBSP of corn starch brought to simmer to thicken up which is key to make these sticky.

Those wings looks fantastic. I use the Vortex for cooking/smoking all chicken parts. It's a match made in BBQ heaven.

Point for sure
Chris

Awesome looking wings! Although I don’t have a kettle or vortex...I think some of the prettiest wings come off that setup.

Like!

Now those are some finger licking good wings! Big like!

Ryan

Sorry bout that here’s the Buffalo

- 2/3 C Frank’s
- 6 TBSP butter
- 1.5 TBSP white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp worstershire
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes to your liking - I like hot so used probably 1/8 cup
- 1 TBSP cornstarch

Bring all to a simmer for a few minutes until thickened.

Thanks,

I appreciate the recipe. . .I noticed though that in your initial post that you stated:

"Vortex wings 2 ways. An Asian and a buffalo. The buffalo sauce came out the way I’ve been trying to get. Frank’s, butter, honey, worstershire, white vinegar, red pepper flakes and then simmered with a couple TBSP of corn starch to thicken up. It’s the sauce I’ve been after."

But I see no honey in the recipe.

Just wondering,

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky