Vortex Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Injected with TC Butter. Ended up sitting an extra day before got to them. Into the Kettle. Turned lid at 20 minutes than another 20. Temped in the 190's which is where I like them. Gave David's potato puffs a try. Kind of messed them up. I halved the potatoes and made whole filling. Put 3 instead of 2 eggs in by mistake than ended up using all the filling. Still edible but texture not right. Skin nice and crispy and they where very juicy. I stopped putting sauce on them as I like the skin crispy. Made a pumpkin dump cake. Man was that stuff good. Forgot to get a plated shot.

View attachment 646753View attachment 646752View attachment 646751View attachment 646750
View attachment 646749
View attachment 646755View attachment 646754
Great color on that chicken

Great looking meal there Brian , Chicken looks great, and I might do the pumpkin dump cake , Thanks for posting
and Thank you for the mention
I really like the Potato Puffs , but you know me . Love potatoes

David

Thank you for the link and the mixer suggestion on the cake mix and butter, too. I think the Kitchenaid may have a new project come Thanksgiving.
I think you will like it. I tried cream cheese frosting on it but it was to much extra sweet. The whip topping would of been perfect.
Great color on that chicken

Awesome looking meal there Brian!
Gotta love that Vortex!!
Al

Looks awesome! Can’t beat the vortex with chicken!!! Perfect meal!!!
Thanks
Great looking meal there Brian , Chicken looks great, and I might do the pumpkin dump cake , Thanks for posting
and Thank you for the mention
I really like the Potato Puffs , but you know me . Love potatoes

David
Thanks David. I going to have to give those poatoes another shot but make them right this time.
Great looking meal Brian and congrats on the ride buddy.

Robert
Thanks Robert
Brian, did you forget my phone number? Nice work!!
Thanks Charles

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky