Vortex Inasal Style Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

troutman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 14, 2017
Houston, Texas
My lovely Filipino wife makes dishes withcombined flavors that for the most part are pretty delicious. They have a marinading method called Inasal that one can use on a variety of proteins, but especially chicken. She combines soy sauce, 7UP, some lemon grass and a variety of seasonings and marinades wings in a baggie over night.

I recently bought a Vortex cooker for my Weber kettle and wanted to try her Inasal Wings cooked at 500* for an extra crispy result. We've done wings a number of ways (as I'm sure a lot of you have) but these were really quite different and tasty to me. I ended up eating them nekkid without any additional sauce, they turned out that good. It may have been the high heat, perhaps the marinade or a combination of the two.

The Vortex gets a big double thumbs up. I thought you might be interested in a different kind of chicken wing as well ......

wings 01.jpg

wings 02.jpg

wings 03.jpg

TROUTMAN IS OUT !!!

Those look wonderful troutman, I like that recipe, and I think I could get my wife to try it. Does the lemon grass impart a strong flavor?
The Vortex and Kettle are a match made in heaven.
Point for sure.

Chris

Oh wow Troutman those look really good and I like all those ingredients.

Im going to have to give that a try for sure.

Well done

Those look great . Love the crunchy tip that gets thrown away by most . Nice job .

Thanks for all the props guys. I have some other Vortex recipes, that little piece of stainless sure cooks chicken great !!

As to the lemon grass question from Chris, I don't get a lot of strong flavor, its a lot like using scallions.

Oh boy! That looks like a party right there Troutman!
I miss me some pancit, lumpia, adobo... but them wings tho!

Wife makes the best pancit in Houston, folks beg her for it. She's actually burned out and has stopped after making so much !!! I also love her lumpias and chicken adobo, we eat both on a regular basis. You been to the Phils ??

Many times. 12 yrs USN. Several West-pac tours, but was like second home port when I was on the USS Midway.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky