Venison Stix

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
My Canadian friends are heading to Hilton Head for a month, he asked if I could make him some venison stir...

Yup

Won't mix until tomorrow. We had 68mph winds today. Coop roof is gone and in the next county.

Hope the winds will be less for few days.

vstix77.jpg

Waiting on the stix. Sorry about the girls roof. We are on a vacation in the Smoky mountains right now and wind is gusting at 80mph. In a cabin hanging off the side of a mountain on stilts lol. As the kids say......yolo (you only live once). Mom lost a giant weeping willow back home

Reactions: JLeonard
That wind came through here a couple days ago . Seems I'm always moving grills and smokers out of harms way these days . Rained like a SOB all day here . Maybe you're in for that too .
Venison makes the best sausage and jerky . Be watching .

Reactions: JLeonard and TNJAKE
Wow....that's almost hurricane strength wind! That front that rolled through here this morning kicked up 40mph gusts....guess it was stronger up your way.

In for the finish on the sticks.

The girls are ok, just mouthy...lol
Even with the huge wind blowing we still got 12 eggs.

My OKJ Bronco went for a torpedo ride. Dont know the extent of the damage yet. The guys fence down from us is gonzo. It was really bad. Like being in S,FL again.

Spooky I bet!
When we were in Ft Pierce the RV got moved about an inch during a hurricane.
Thats when it took us 18 hrs to drive to ATL to stay with daughter, on the way back took 22 hrs. All of FL wants to get out then they all wanna come back...lol

Yep, the wind was brutal today. Got some roof damage but no trees down at our house. We did lose our sign at work. A guy not too far down the road from us had a huge tree uproot and lay down in front of his double wide, it was longer than the trailer and did not touch the house. Luckiest guy in town today I think. I thought I had a pic, guess it didn't take.
Nissan sign.jpg

That would have not been good.

Glad the girls and etc rode out the winds pretty good. Yeah the winds were not fun here either. Did a roof check and it was still all there. But sounded like we were losing it all!

Jim

Nice of you to do for your friend Rick!

Sorry bout the wind damage, that’s some bad stuff when it gets that high!

The girls made it ok. Roof is fixable, might go with clear type of plexy corrugated so they can have more sun. They sure were pissed though...lol

Musta scared one because I got 13 eggs today :emoji_astonished:

Going with some psseasoning mild mix.
vmild1.jpg

4lbs so thats good.
vmild.jpg

My wife is still doing most of the mixing.
vmild2.jpg

Frige overnight.
vmild3.jpg

Reactions: drdon
Missed this thread.
Sorry bout the girls getting in a huff. Hope it doesn't rain on them too.
Saw the thread on losing your gasser.

Great start on sticks. Appears your blend meat is pork?
Venison makes the best sausage and jerky . Be watching .
I agree and it only needs to be a 50/50 blend to get that added flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky