Venison Pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ishi

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 30, 2018
My first time making Venison Pastrami and I thought it turned out wonderful.
21E663B3-82AE-468B-AFE4-6F1E2988F976.jpeg

0F27340A-25DE-4831-9C7D-93FB63F84B7A.jpeg

F6ACAAED-EE4F-413E-AF94-0B8051B72780.jpeg

77740387-AA1A-42EC-95B8-910EA66D19CC.jpeg

Looks awesome! What cure did you follow? I just did one in pops brine and it came out great, would love to hear your technique...

Reactions: Ishi
Looks awesome! What cure did you follow? I just did one in pops brine and it came out great, would love to hear your technique...
Sorry that I left out the recipe. The recipe came from a friend in WV. Can you please post the link to Pops recipe. As a Newbie this site is vast. Thanks
87117D2E-FA2D-40D7-BACC-4B72878C13CB.jpeg

Beautiful !!
Looks Mighty Tasty!!:)
Comes out the same color as My Venison Dried Beef.
Nice Job, Ishi!!
Like.

Bear

I, That is some fine looking venniestrami!Was that cut from the front shoulder? like
I really can’t remember. I saved a bunch from two deer for some fun cooks this summer

Bearcarver I have your venison recipe in the fridge now curing. That will be next Saturday’s project. Fingers crossed and hopefully a successful thread and pics will be posted soon

Ishi, got my attention I have messed with primitive archery for years and knew of the study of him and his equipment and hunting technics with the stuff deer head.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky