Venison Neck Roast to die for..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wrestler75

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
Central Wisconsin
I set out to smoke my first venison neck roast in my Masterbuilt on Christmas eve. I started by warming up my smoker to 275 degrees for an hour. Meanwhile I rubbed down my neck roast with Lipton onion soup mix and beef bullion paste. After my smoker was warm I placed my neck roast in the smoker on the bottom rack below a few racks of ribs and set smoker at 230. I used a mix of apple and hickory and
20171224_195344.jpg
smoked for six hours and placed it in a foil pan with beef broth, Lipton onion soup mix and red wine. Then, covered the pan for another six hours.

Fall off the bone awesome. Shredded it up for smoked cheese neck sandwiches.
20171224_204435.jpg

Attachments

• 20171224_195342.jpg
    20171224_195342.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
That looks good! I gotta try your recipe. I have a deer neck recipe for the crock pot that uses the onion soup mix too, but whole lot other stuff, like mushroom soup mix, celery soup mix and a can of diced tomatoes.

Great work!

I usually have to leave necks behind. Not enough space in the cooler for necks when we bring back 5-8 animals.

Also our TX deer are small in the bodies compared to deer as you move north in the country.
Not much on the necks for 90-100 pound deer, but the dogs, buzzards, and feral pigs have no problem with em :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky