venison krainerwurst

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
here is the recipe if anyone wants to try it. 7lb pork butt, 1 1/2lb. beef chuck, 1 1/2 lb.bacon 2 teaspoon cure #1, 5 tablespoons salt, 3 garlic cloves minced. (I usually just use 3 heaping teaspoons of the jar minced garlic) 1 table spoon granulated garlic, 3 tablespoons black pepper (I usually use 4) I grind it once with coarse plate, mix in seasoning with some water and put in fridge over night, then stuff the next day, then smoke it that day or the next.
WHEN I USE VENISON I JUST USE 8lb. DEER MEAT AND 2LB PORK FAT I DON'T ADD THE BEEF OR BACON.

It's a very simple recipe but i do love the flavor.

Great looking sausage. That Hobart should last a lifetime. Always looking for something new to try with deer meat.
Thanks Buzzy, yeah they built stuff to last back then, I posted the recipe if ya want to try it. it's a very simple recipe but I think it taste great.

krainerwirst sausage? Never heard of before...but this is why I am on this forum: to learn more.... and sausage looks good! How was the flavor?
thanks for the compliment, I describe the flavor like it's kielbasi on steroids. I posted the recipe if ya want to try it some time. thanks for the like. Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky