Vacuseal Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin backyard

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 27, 2012
VA
I was wondering how well a cooked brisket would hold up sealed in the freezer. I've been tasked with providing BBQ for my wife's cousins baby shower in a couple weeks. I already have the pulled pork done and frozen.

My thought is to cook the weekend before, after letting it rest for a couple hours vacuseal and pop in the freezer. Then once we get up to PA, reheat in the oven, slice and serve.

Any thoughts or experience would be appreacated!

Brisket holds up very well frozen.  I always make extra and vacuseal it in individual portions. Works great!

I was wondering how well a cooked brisket would hold up sealed in the freezer. I've been tasked with providing BBQ for my wife's cousins baby shower in a couple weeks. I already have the pulled pork done and frozen.

My thought is to cook the weekend before, after letting it rest for a couple hours vacuseal and pop in the freezer. Then once we get up to PA, reheat in the oven, slice and serve.

Any thoughts or experience would be appreacated!
That will work fine - if it were me I would make some au jus while you smoke it then freeze it to use when you reheat it... What part of PA are you going to?

Last edited:
I always try to have some left over so I can freeze and have later on. It will be great.

Gary S

Thanks yall! I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Smokin B, we are headed up to the Pocono's for the shower. Saylorsburg or East Stroudsburg something like that! Everytime we go I always get turned around, and haven't taken the same way twice!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky