USMC Mom New to SMF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well, Trece, looks like you have made a hit with your family and a hit with your SMF Family!

So nice to have you here!

Cheers!
and
Thank you!

Thank You all for all your kind thoughts for my son.

Retired Newbie, I will pass it along and Thank You for your service!

Srmonty, Thank you for the warm welcome. I have been reading the forum for a couple weeks but needed to scream HELP when the smoker poofed at me and .....wam bam......answers they came a flyin. I posted on the Electric smoker thread. No more poofing, walla!

PS: I have several young Marines in my life, a friend has one in boot camp now and I'm here to tell you thats hard on a Mom. But at least I'm here to help them through it and convey the pride and honor that you could only imagine on the day of graduation. A moment frozen in time forever.

Now back to planin my next meal
icon_mrgreen.gif

I'm sure its probably OK to say his first name but let me ck with him later tonight when he comes home. Security, as you can understand, is high and we have been told not to.
What a world..........
Trece

If its for a prayer list, just say Trece's boy, God will know who it is, I pester him all the time
icon_smile.gif

I remember my baby boy,
Cuddled up, chubby and serene.

I remember my little boy,
Behind his ears never clean.

I remember him a bit older,
an awkward maturing teen.

I remember him seeking direction,
on a path he had not yet seen.

I proudly remember the day he said,
"I want to be a Marine!"

God Bless your son
and all of our children
in the various uniforms
of our United States of America!

May your perfect day continue into the future. SMF is a fun place and you can learn a lot from some very friendly folk. Best of wishes.

Welcome aboard the mighty SMF Trece! Sorry I jumped in late on this thread... I somehow missed it.
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Please give your son another thank you from my family. If it weren't for fine young men like him, we all wouldn't be able to do what we're doing right now!

God's speed!

Welcome aboard! Glad to hear you were successful your first cook on your new smoker! Tell your young Teufelhunden (he'll know) I sent a Semper Fi his way...I was in 87 - 91, Desert Storm. Not as lean, not as mean, still a United States Marine!!
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

This has got to be the friendliest group of people I have ever met. Thank You all so very much! Its been a busy day so I wasn't able to post sooner but when my son "Justin" <he said I could do that, came home last night, after he scarf'd down some ribs..........I had him read this thread and he just leaned against my desk and said wow, you know we don't get alot of Thank You's, its nice to feel appreciated again, thats cool............tell them all their more then welcome!

He is a very proud young man, as he should be.

So anyway my new friends, I just found out I have few extra adults and kids this weekend and I am expected to smoke something!!!!!!! I don't really want to tackle a whole turkey, does anyone have any suggestions.
I don't want to do ribs again this soon, (although, I now know I am amazing at it :)) I could do a few chickens and maybe a few turkey breasts. One of my son's friends (a Marine)is coming home
this Sat and doesn't know my son is here. Its a surprise. He called me last night and we talked for an hour and I had to keep my mouth shut. Anyhow, I need to feed 10-20 coming and going, if ya have an ideas let me know. I'm off to hunt for recipes.....
Trece

Well Trece 20 or so young Marines will probably appreciate some nice Pulled Pork sandwiched or sliced brisket! Turkeys real easy though in a smoker!

I have a website for the troops here with lots of recipes, some with pictures to help you out. Just look around and get some ideas. If it's not there yet just give me a holler!

http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/

There's a large contingent here of former military folks and we've been there! We know what it was like back in the day so we also know how to appreciate when our young folks go off and do the same. I myself am an old seadog and saw Viet Nam and the Persian Gulf Crisis. I have to say I am happier to see our kids come home to a cheering crowd than what I remember. Tell Justin we're all behind him and pray for his safe return! In the meantime we'll do our best to look after his Mama!

I agree with Debi, pulled pork and/or brisket... both go along way. Heck, while you are at it, throw on a meatloaf, they are mighty tasty from the smoker! I don't know if you'll have the room, but a batch of Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans will delight your crew, plus some ABT s to snack on will get things rolling.

If you decide on pulled pork, make sure you serve it with coleslaw. Oh, and what's a party without tater salad?! And of course, beer.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Debi, I can only imagine how much work you put into that site. It is much appreciated , I am saving everything to my computer for easy reference. I have decided to take you up on your suggestion of pulled pork and brisket. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Hawg................where can I find the popper recipe?

Trece

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky