Used Green Mountain Jim Bowie?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

farmhand78

Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
South East Iowa
I'm headed to look at one. It's a 15 model, with WiFi. Used very little, from the pics I would call good to excellent condition.

What are some things to check on? Fair price?

This will be my first pellet grill/smoker.

Thanks,
Nathan

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Plug it in and set the temp to 300*. Shouldn't take but 15-20 min to reach the set temp.

Does it have the old style 3 piece heat shield and one piece drip tray, or the newer stainless steel system?

What's the asking price. Cover, insulated blanket?

Plug it in and set the temp to 300*. Shouldn't take but 15-20 min to reach the set temp.

Does it have the old style 3 piece heat shield and one piece drip tray, or the newer stainless steel system?

What's the asking price. Cover, insulated blanket?
Has the newer SS, cam with a new in the package cover, and all the books. This thing is immaculate! He was asking $750 OBO, and I got it for substantially less. I didn't have time to test it, but he said he would take it back if I'm not happy.
84b867cef1e0be82bcd87ee873001b9e.jpg

Has the newer SS, cam with a new in the package cover, and all the books. This thing is immaculate! He was asking $750 OBO, and I got it for substantially less. I didn't have time to test it, but he said he would take it back if I'm not happy.
84b867cef1e0be82bcd87ee873001b9e.jpg

Congrats... They are great smokers. I've got the Daniel Boone, and while there's been some minor issues, I love the thing.

Good luck with it.

She smoked like a dream tonight, I removed all the pellets from the hopper, and vacuumed out the auger as best I could. Hoping to remove any lodged pellets from the drive home. Set it at 375 after start up, and in roughly 12 minutes it was to temp. Held great, and produced some tasty chicken breast for the family. Very happy camper tonight!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky