Uploading pictures

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I use Chromium Browser on Linux. Im unable to upload pics . In order to upload pics i have to do it in firefox which i dont like using . Is there a way to fix this problem ?

What issue are you having? We have other users on Linux that can use Chromium and I haven't heard of any issue.

I don't seem to be able to upload pics unless I use Firefox. When I go to upload a pic ,it acts like its going through the motion but nothing is happening

I just downloaded Chromium and used it with no issue. Was able to upload as normal. Have you tried reinstalling it? Is it the latest release?

lets try this

Attachments

• 46521239_10157014593172867_4494383727064907776_o.jpg
    46521239_10157014593172867_4494383727064907776_o.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 32
Looks good to me

Catfish61x Catfish61x After you uploaded it did you go down to the picture and click on thumbnail or full screen? If you didn't then it wont show in the text field until you post it.

Last edited:
In the sad post below the user has a clickable YouTube video, How is this done?

In the sad post below the user has a clickable YouTube video, How is this done?

you just insert the shared link from youtube in your response and it will show up like that when you post.

Reactions: imhungrymk
If you want to add a link to existing text, you don't simply paste/insert the link. That will work for inserting a link, but the person looking at your post will be staring at a long URL, for instance:

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/uploading-pictures.268531/post-2160413

Instead, first type the text, e.g.:

Link To Previous Post

Then select that text.

Link To Previous Post

Finally, with the text selected, click the link button (looks like two chain links) at the top of the editing area, and paste the link into that box. When you click on OK, your link will be complete. Here is that live link:

Link to Previous Post

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky