Upgrade Issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
Im starting this thread so that you can post any issues your having with the upgrade. This way they are all in 1 place.

Thanks.

Brian

I mentioned it earlier but if there was a way to see new threads posted on the home page it would be nice. On the old format it was convenient to log in and see the most current threads, the most liked, and the hot tab as well. Other than that looks great!

I mentioned it earlier but if there was a way to see new threads posted on the home page it would be nice. On the old format it was convenient to log in and see the most current threads, the most liked, and the hot tab as well. Other than that looks great!

Click on the "What's new" tab.

Reactions: hellasteph
There is nothing to click on that shows the actual newest threads posted without going into each individual section...just lists the newest comments. Could be on a thread that's 3 years old that someone recently commented on.

Go to the bottom of the page (in the Black), and click on "New Posts".

Bear

Go to the bottom of the page (in the Black), and click on "New Posts".

Bear

Its the same thing. There are about 15 places to go to click on that shows the "newest posts" but no where I can find that lists the newest threads like what used to be on the home page of the old format where the chat section is now

Reactions: fivetricks
I can't remember ever having that.

I can't find one I use a lot too:
I used to go to my Profile Page & click on "Postings".
Then scroll down to where it said "Bearcarvers Posts" on the left.
And "Posts started by Bearcarver" on the Right.
I'd choose "Posts started by Bearcarver".(on the Right)

It would give me a list of all the Threads I started, in order, from the newest to the oldest.

Can't find that---Sure hope we didn't lose that !!!!!

Bear

Reactions: fivetricks
Its the same thing. There are about 15 places to go to click on that shows the "newest posts" but no where I can find that lists the newest threads like what used to be on the home page of the old format where the chat section is now

I think "What's New" are new(er) threads and "New Posts" are newest replies. I know it's not the same as the old forums main page, but like the other upgrade - we'll get used to it.

Chris

I can't remember ever having that.

I can't find one I use a lot too:
I used to go to my Profile Page & click on "Postings".
Then scroll down to where it said "Bearcarvers Posts" on the left.
And "Posts started by Bearcarver" on the Right.
I'd choose "Posts started by Bearcarver".(on the Right)

It would give me a list of all the Threads I started, in order, from the newest to the oldest.

Can't find that---Sure hope we didn't lose that !!!!!

Bear

I think I found what I was looking for:
I clicked on my Avatar.
Then clicked on "Find".
Then chose the "Find all Threads by Bearcarver".

Bear

I also would like to know if there is a button that we can click on that shows only new threads, not just new posts.
Al

At the bottom of the page , right hand side , there is a " change width " button . Helped with the layout of the page , and I can set my zoom back to 100 .

I also would like to know if there is a button that we can click on that shows only new threads, not just new posts.
Al

Upgrade Issues  Smoking Meat Forums - The Best Barbecue Discussion Forum On Earth 2019-11-05 1...png

I just made a discovery that I thought I should share. I came here early this morning, saw the upgrade, and everything was working fine but only had a couple of minutes. When I got home from work I came back here and hit a huge snag. Every time I clicked on a thread, whether it be in the forum or my alerts, I got redirected to a browser page with a bunch of code on it, not the thread. Had this same problem on my home computer and my phone. I am not a tech guy so this was perplexing to me but I took a long shot: went into my browser settings and cleared the browser history. That solved it....thank God. Cleared up both the computer and the phone. I guess the new format had some conflict with the old cookies.

Thought I should share,
Robert

I just made a discovery that I thought I should share. I came here early this morning, saw the upgrade, and everything was working fine but only had a couple of minutes. When I got home from work I came back here and hit a huge snag. Every time I clicked on a thread, whether it be in the forum or my alerts, I got redirected to a browser page with a bunch of code on it, not the thread. Had this same problem on my home computer and my phone. I am not a tech guy so this was perplexing to me but I took a long shot: went into my browser settings and cleared the browser history. That solved it....thank God. Cleared up both the computer and the phone. I guess the new format had some conflict with the old cookies.

Thought I should share,
Robert

Thanks for sharing this with us, Robert. Yeah, it's likely a cookie and cache issue since we were making so many changes all at once. I'm so glad that the cookie/data clear helped you. I had to do that myself a few minutes after the upgrade and then again this morning for my computers, so you're not alone.

Thanks again!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky