Update On Chef Jimmy W / An Address

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Guys, the Wifi is wonky here. I'll get on when I can. Or my Amanda will post updates. Thanks for the Love...JJ

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Welcome back Chef, great to hear you are on the rebound! Was the antibiotic Cipro? I'm allergic to that crap, they said it could be fatal to ever take it again, burning rash all over. RAY

Cipro I can take. This was IV Vancomycin. Intense itchiness and skin turns a burgundy/purple color that eventually slufts off...JJ

Reactions: sawhorseray
There are a few things in life that do come with expectations of 100% perfect performance. Pilots landing a passenger plane safely for one. Another, ensuring patients are treated with correct meds. Personally I hope your daughter causes a shake up at that hospital. Meanwhile, keep doing the right things JJ and continue to get better!

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Cipro I can take. This was IV Vancomycin. Intense itchiness and skin turns a burgundy/purple color that eventually slufts off...JJ

That's just about exactly what happens to me if I take Cipro, the itching almost kind of burns it's so intense, not anything I ever plan to experience again. Well you are on the mend Chef, get back some strength and get out of that place. RAY

• Love
Thanks guys. Starting to feel normal but weak and could use some rehab. Damn, the Food Sucks! I could use a Care Package...JJ

Sure is good to "hear your voice" JJ!!!
I suspect vancomycin is a derivative of erythromycin, which has been around a long time. It's cheap to synthesize, and the patents have long run out, so usually is the first-line of defense against bacterial diseases. I'm no MD, but if your bad reactions in the past have been against erythromycin, you may want to get a lot of these derivatives added to your medical list of stuff to avoid. Not to excuse it, but I can see how mistakes like this can happen. Lot of different folks in the chain of healthcare...usually that's a blessing, but there can be curse-like consequences occasionally as you've found.
Your daughter sounds like a great health advocate for you...Good on her!
Welcome back!

Thanks Bill. I was in pretty bad shape with Pneumonia and Sepsis, then the Cure created a whole new set of issues...JJ

Funny how that old expression "the cure is worse than the disease" can still ring true today.
Glad you're back!

I want to Thank Justin Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ along with his family for the nice card and and gift I received today.
I'm back in the Kitchen, the Crew is happy about that. And overall starting to feel like myself again.
Thanks again, all of you that sent out Prayers and Support...JJ

Thanks for the Prayers and kind words. Still feeling crappy. The combo of the pneumonia an the allergic reaction to a KNOWN Antibiotic I cant take, got me good. Makes no sense. All the checks, including verbal confirmation that I am allergic and they gave it to me anyhow. No wonder so many people have simple procedures turn into month long stays or worse...JJ
100% negligence, get an attorney JJ, make them pay your bills.

I'm back in the Kitchen, the Crew is happy about that. And overall starting to feel like myself again.

We love you man!

I'm ecstatic that you are feeling better and in the kitchen again.
I for one cannot function without your guidance.

Sincerely,

John

I want to Thank Justin Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ along with his family for the nice card and and gift I received today.

Happy to hear your on the mend Chef JJ, your a staple here at SMF! Just keep getting back to yourself and if you all need anything… give a shout! We are a fam here on SMF!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky