Upcoming Holiday Posts.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oddegan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 27, 2017
Fremont Michigan
I find I'm very much looking forward to seeing posts on all the outstanding smokes happening this 4th of July. Anybody else?

New smoker and mods this 4th.
Want to put this puppy through its paces and see if I can increase burn time on a load of charcoal. Should be butt and beans.

See... pick on the premature smoker. But y'all are going to be left behind in a cloud of smoke!
5 lbs of wings in slaughterhouse brine.
...to go with other things.
20180703_193656.jpg

My menu and timing as I got it now..

Step one: Get up, brekkie, meds, then let my brain boot up for the day.
Step two: Rip the membrane off the ribs, rub the bone side. Leave it for 20 mins.
Step two: Flip, rub the meat side. Sit 20 mins. Start firing up the MES to temp.
Step Four: Hopefully getting the ribs on by 12 PM with at least a dozen eggs.
Step five: After 2 hours, remove eggs, plunge into ice water bath to cool enough to handle with ease. Lightly crack eggs and back on smoker<Or just crack and peel. I can never decide if I want to lightly crack, more smoke. Just have them as they are then..or peel and back on the smoker>
Step six: 3 Hour mark, take ribs in and eggs. Foiling time. One rack is being foiled with butter, apricot juice, and more rub. Possibly S. Carolina style mustard bbq. The other rack is being foiled with butter, cranberry juice, and Pepper Jelly I got today. <Locally made by the Amish! Should be good stuff!>.
Step Seven: Foiled and back on the smoker for 2 hours. I'll whip up the devilled eggs and slice up the left over pepperoni I got from the pizza on sunday, and if any summer sausage is left, that as well. Set them up for people to munch on as they go, along with some nice goat cheeses I bought. Also make the broccoli-cranberry cheese salad.
Step Eight: Unfoil the ribs and back on the smoker. Either glazing with the foil juices or just some sweet baby ray's Spicy and Sweet.
Step Nine: Pull them out, promptly watch all sense of civilized eating disappear when I cut the ribs up :)

PS; I also got a half bag of goat milk cheese curds..I might get around to lightly battering them in a pancake based batter, then frying them in my electric wok. Had them at the place I went today with a Cranberry Alioli... regular cheese curds aren't half as good!

Last edited:
Reactions: oddegan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky