Unusually great weather for November today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

northern greenhorn

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 11, 2010
McHenry, Illinois
We have great weather today right now it's 63°, so I put some BB on the GOSM, I made a sweeter rub today, my wife can't handle spicy foods, so I made a basic rub with, paprika, cbp, kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, a little bit of chili powder and cayenne, more brown sugar than I usually use, some granulated sugar, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and couple of packets of cherry Kool-Aid, I think I read that from Meat Hunter I do believe ( forgive me if I'm wrong ), it turned out to be pretty tasty, sweeter than usual, but with a little bite. Don't ask me how much of what, I didn't really measure.  

rubbed up and ready to go

ae768482_Damiansbirthdaybrisket012.jpg

Don't ask me how much of what, I didn't really measure.    
 Atta boy! I hate measuring stuff out. I may do it to try someone's recipe so I get as close of a duplication, and then it's my own hand after that. The only thing I have found, other than cures, that needs to be exact is baking powder and salt ratios. Put to much baking powder in something and it will tast awfull no matter how big it is.

Looks like these will be done with no-foil, cause we're out of foil  
 I did some ribs awhile back and I took my inlaws to a old mining/ghost town for the day. The ribs stayed in the drum the whole time with no spritzing, foiling or anything else. I sauced them when we got back and pulled them a little later, they were good to go. Don't sweat the little things..

That's much better!

They look great already.

I gotta get off this site, before I start gnawing on this monitor!

Thanks, Bear

Looks great. Its amazing how much flavor the cool aid adds. Great stuff. 

Sometimes, the greatest tasting food is achieved by experimenting or even an accidental omission/addition. It's all good my friend.

cool.gif

Now you sure do have some fine looking ribs Green horn. I think thatyou might want to start thinking of a better name for you

Like.................maybe "Not burn the food no more guy"

Last edited:
cool.gif

Now you sure do have some fine looking ribs Green horn. I think thatyou might want to start thinking of a better name for you

Like.................maybe "Not burn the food no more guy"

lol.gif
 I'm getting better, but even after I've done this for years, I'll still be a greenhorn compared to many of the seasoned veterans we got here.

Last edited:
Those look awesome greenhorn! I love that color. From the kool-aid I guess. Neat idea I've never heard of doing that! Great job on the ribs!

Those look fantastic. Man I am drooling all over the keyboard
points.gif
if I could

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky