Unbelievable garage sale find

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meatball

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 6, 2009
Gainesville, FL
hey folks, 

It has been a while since I've posted anything - I got a new job at the end of last summer and it's eating up all my time, but I'm not complaining. Love the job and I've still been cooking and checking out the site when I have time, just haven't had time to participate as much. Hopefully that will be changing now that I'm more adjusted to this full time job life. 

Anywho, I thought I'd share an incredible garage sale find that I got lucky on this morning - a Weber Silver 18.5" charcoal grill, unused and still in the box. In fact, the box had never been opened!! Best part - price: $20! I didn't argue with the two nice ladies about the asking price 
yahoo.gif
So, got it home and put together already and the family has requested burgers. I've been looking for a used, cheap Weber charcoal for more than a year (getting a used one was the only way I could justify the purchase to the old lady, who thinks my arsenal of cooking implements is getting ridiculous). As luck would have it I found a new cheap one! Luckily it's a beautiful day for grilling in the sunshine state!

39a70caf_20110319131552.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I was pretty psyched with the deal I got...
Great score!  Good to hear from you again.  Can't wait to see you pull off your first low and slow on that Weber.
Thanks Dude, good to hear from you too. I'll be around a lot more now. I got some sausage-making equipment over the winter and have been reading the sausage threads religiously. First time I try the low and slow on the Weber I'll be sure to get some pics. And of course, I'll be sure to show you my sausage 
laugh1.gif

How could you do that to those nice ladies?  I used one of those for years.  In some ways, I liked it better than the 22.5, particularly in that it used a lot less fuel for small grilling projects.

Funny how a wife will think you cooking arsenol is gettin too big but will alwasy welcome you doing the cooking.

Thank God I am not married and I can buy what I want when I want and I am the only one that determines if I need and can afford it. lol

Anyways, great find.

LOL... nice deal! Mine was almost as good, I paid $25 for mine and the family had moved it all the way from Sweden with them! Still looked near new!
banana_smiley.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky